WTF Babymetal?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not at all shocked that a bunch of musicians that are way past their prime and out of touch with anything other than mainstream metal would rally around this corporate gimmick.

Reactions: RedStorm
@Onslaught

When you consider all the Japanese bands that are worthy of consideration like Loudness (trad), Anthem (trad), Gargoyle (tech thrash), Sabbat (black/thrash), Galneryus (neoclassical power), etc., who are all superb bands in their respective subgenres, and compare them to Babymetal, Babymetal sounds abysmal by comparison.

The main reason that there is a large portion of the scene that has a disdain for them is due to the fact that much of the reason they are successful is because of marketing and gimmickry.

Reactions: CiG
That is your opinion, if you do not see passion in Babymetal, is your problem.
Actually, considering the overwhelmingly corporatized nature of pop idol groups in Japan, it's nothing to do with my opinion, it's a reality. The Japanese record industry ships these groups out to their masses by the dozens. Every move, every word that comes out of their mouths, is regulated by a manager in Tokyo. That's a product, not passion.

Reactions: CiG
teenage japanese girls are more metal than you neckbeards

That was actually smart. When Su, Moa and Yui started BM, they were KIDS. Koba knows very well what he is doing. And actually it's not only real passion, it's much more.
Yes, they were kids, the Japanese pop idol industry starts 'em young, always has. Yes, he does, and that's not creating art or passionate creative things, that's maximizing profit. "It's not only real passion it's much more" You're functionally delusional if you think there's more to Babymetal than the the dotted line. Everything is mechanically choreographed, right down to personality types of the members, there is nothing real or passionate about that. Also "started"? Su, Moa, and Yui, didn't "start" Babymetal, they were assembled by a record company to sell as many records as possible. This wasn't some band of teenagers rocking out in their garage, it's a teenage idol group assembled by a corporate record board in Tokyo.

Reactions: The Butt and CiG
teenage japanese girls are more metal than you neckbeards

they just appear to be japanese girls, but they're probably dangerous bitches with various weapons

Last edited:
Old metalhead here (damn I hate that stereotype), since 1989. My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed Babymetal. These girls share a strong friendship and love, and that is the main thing that makes a band. And they have an incredible talent. Su's voice is absolutely powerful and phenomenal. If you do not like it is ok, but writing absurd comments is different.This is one of the reasons why I often feel sorry for what this 'scene' has become, full of children who have no idea what they are talking about. I miss the old days, without internet or facilities, but with real passion. The same passion that I can see in these girls.
Fun Babymetal concert drinking game:

Drink 50 shots beforehand, so you're too alcohol-poisoned to go to the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.