WTF is going on with slate drums?!

-Loco-

Knives.
Apr 17, 2009
Right this is REALLY pissing me/off wasting my time now but everytime i run slate the volumes for each drum go down to like -16dB so i adjust it up and play from the beginning of the track again and they just go back down.

I've cleared all automation in the whole project to iron out that, i've also even gone as far as opening a new project - loading slate into it then loading the drumtrack and its STILL doing it!!! they wont just stay at the presets volume..wtf is going on is there some thing in slate i might have pressed by accident?

not that i'm aware of, but what i'll try and do is export the midi file again and load it in so as to make sure i've not changed it. That's the only other thing that i think could be doing it. Thing is, if it was an event would it not automatically go back down again after i adjusted the volume up? because it doesn't seem to matter where about i playback from, it happens at any point in the track

just tried it - i dont think its automation because it only drops in volume once midi has been triggered, then when i adjust it up it wont go back down until i rewind back or start the track from the beginning. I'm almost certain its to do with something within slate...any more ideas?

plus, i even do it in a new project and it keeps doing the same thing.

the thing is though i've been working with the same track the WHOLE time - written in guitar pro...and this hasnt begun happening since i began to automate things. I've even used old drum files and other midi files i've created to see if that's the problem

For some reason the volume wont automate below 47 or above 87 either..i've not locked automation its as though the volume for the midi track doesnt go above 100....what the actual fuck..man i fucking hate cubase automation,logic was so much easier

edit:

ok the volume controlling the midi track is also the volume controlling the individual instrument volumes.
Whenever i write automation my volume line for the midi track wont go past 87 or below 47 also there is another line underneath in dark blue which appears to follow my automation line and i cant seem to get rid of it even when opening new kontaktplayer tracks, its as though my automation keeps saving and wont clear everytime i try to.

cubaseproblem.JPG

showing both lines, the blue automation one that i edit..and the other darker one which just seems to follow my track.

123 reads...come on....PLEASE! the automation volume ramp doesnt go up to 127, why?!

yeah dude, it looks like you are automating the MIDI. Open the VST instruments folder and automate there. Route the drums to different outputs and then automate. Since you set up a MIDI track and not an instrument track, you don't want to do the automation you are trying to where you currently are

I´ve already answered this question more than once on this forum. If you import midi from Guitar Pro you have to delete the extra shit that it adds.
To do this on Cubase/Nuendo (which is what you use) all you need to do is select the MIDI track, right click on it and choose FUNCTIONS and then DELETE CONTROLLERS.

first off, you're automating the wrong track, do not automate the MIDI track! hehe. turn off the read and write automation for that track, then set it back to 127.

secondly, you want to automate the returns, it's located in that small VST instruments folder!

thanks,