WTF is wrong with old dudes at metal shows?

My problem isn't with older people at shows, so much as it is with just how out of touch these people are. Example...

For chuckles and grins, Dark One and I went to see a tribute show at a local club, featuring Queensryche, Maiden and Priest tribute bands. I wasn't disturbed by 40+ year old guys trying to fit their beer bellies into those 25 year old Maiden shirts. And I wasn't bothered by the 40 year old soccer moms dressing like they're 17 (hell, I kind of dig that). My issue was with the size of the crowd; there were probably 700 people there. 700 people? Are you f**king kidding me? 700 people for three shitty tribute bands (alright, the QR band was pretty cool, and played a better setlist than QR has ever played. As a matter of fact, I'd probably go see them again before I'd go see Geoffy and his band a merry sell outs, but I digress...)? 90% of the bands I listen to wouldn't draw 700 people. And as for these 700 people? I wish a plague on all their houses. To enslave all their people. That the soil be enriched with their blood. To burn their places of worship... uhh... wow... I really need to take a break from listening to Primordial.

Zod

Age is all a state of mind. I will never give up music.

HEAR,HEAR that is totally true. I for one, and i am probably one of the oldest going to the Fest, truely believe that age is a state of mind, if you let your mind think "God I am Old" then you will be and your body will follow. To all who don't know me, I am 54 years old, i will be 55 by the time of PPVII, I am a sponsor for FREAK KITCHEN, i have been involved with music since i was about 6 years old. I try to keep myself in tip top shape and condition, and that comes from having spent 22 years in the US ARMY, and proud of it. I love music it is a passion with me, do i know all there is about Metal(all Types) NO i don't, but i do try and keep abreast of as much as i can, and that means mostly from reccommendations from you guys and gals here. Do i make an ass out of myself at concerts, NO i don't as i drink very rrarely. My main purpose is to go and met new people, especially the ones i have met on this forum especially HOYT, ZOD, DREW, TAMMY ANGELA, COLLEEN, MARK, and numerous others. So, us OLDER people can have fun, be fun to be with, and be courteous and friendly to all, just don's step on our arthrictic feet J/K.
Thanks for listening
John

Meteornotes said:
Age is all a state of mind. I will never give up music. I have always said I'll be the one terrorizing the retirement community with Iron Maiden when that time comes.

dt

We need to be in the same community! :lol:
I hope to be in my late 90's and listening to Primal Fear & Freak Kitchen!
I hope they put us in the deaf wing, I predict us disturbing quite a few people!
J-Dubya

Meh. Yeah, when I was younger, I always found it funny to see the mullet guys wearing their metal shirts. Anyhow, I've only started going to shows recently, and frankly I don't care who goes as long as they are supporting metal.

With that said. I hate scene kids. You know the ones. The ones who think they are so original by dressing the same, with the same haircut, and same makeup style. Anyhow. I go to metal shows and sometimes I think, "This is one of the reasons that metal has a bad name." But then I listen to the music and stop caring. You can bet your arse, that in my will, my wake or funeral song... will be some metal song. I think it would be sad if we thought that 'only young pretty dudes and gals should go to metal shows.'

Anyhow, I see enough of people not wearing what fits their body as it is everyday, to not have it disturb me too much at a metal show.

Lastly, one major point. IF YOU BUY YOUR FAVORITE BAND'S SHIRT AT THE SHOW, DO NOT PUT IT ON OVER WHAT YOU ARE WEARING.

Thanks.

p.s. I admit I did that once. My first concert ever. Hell it was Tom Petty. I didn't know anything about music back then. Therefore, I am forgiven.

Dr.Caligari said:
There is nothing more disgusting than seeing these 60 year old ladies at Dio shows thinking they are so sexy. DISGUSTING

Actually, it's worse when your dad is drunk, walks up to previously mentioned Dio lady, and yells offensive phrases involving them exposing their mamories. :kickass:

I guess for me, it's that I EXPECT older people to be more seasoned and responsible. I can forgive kids for the indescretions because, well, they're kids. And sure it's not all older guys, but damn if those certain few don't find me like a needle in a haystack.