WTF is wrong with the people!!??

I actually like reading bad reviews...it propmts me to check out the album and see if there's any truth to the reviews, I do have to listen to the album a few times cause I don't get hooked easily.

Katatonia won't ever be nu-metal. How could those bastards who review such a great band and such a great album (and i'm 100% that's great) compare katatonia to crappy band with no talent at all like linkin park (It makes me wanna pewk whenever i write/say their name). Just imagine katatonia sharing the same stage with a stupid nu-metal band. Will they sound the same? and I mean, generally, will the whole thing be the same? I think NOT. True fans of katatonia listen to a bunch of other progressive and doom metal bands and even black and death metal fans like katatonia and their unique and depressing music. Nu-metal fans would never like this kind of music. Nu-metal is for stupid spoiled kids who think that If you listen to nu-metal you're cool. What makes katatonia a great non-nu-metal band: They're UNIQUE and write QUALITY music. Nu-metal music has never touched me at all. Not to mention the lyrics. And not to mention that every nu-metal song sounds almost the same in many parts. And Travis Smith would never make the artwork for a nu-metal band. KATATONIA KICK ASS.:)

Linkin Park actually shared a stage with Jay-Z and Sir Paul McCartney which is in my book superior to Katatonia, just for not stopping Rockin' for almost 50 years(since 1958 in Gemany etc etc.)
though I will say that Linkin Park and Jay-Z pretty much fucked up "Yesterday"

hmm..this all brings up the questioin, what is "Nu" metal? Surely Linkin park arnt any sort of metal..?
Reviews mentioning LP could put off potential fans from listeneing to the album. I certainly wouldnt bother checking out a band if they were described as sounding like LP..

Aprilhäxan said:
May be if that pisses you off that much you should quit reading reviews? You can't shut every fool up, so take it or leave it...

well,i dont care about the reviews, because music is always very personal, but....it gives bad thoughts of the band, to people who are new to katatonia, and people who dont know katatonia too, but then again....it doesnt make sense saying katatonia.....linkin park.....oh my thats too much..

there were so many times when you read a shitty review on a movie or an album and it turned out just brilliant and vice versa. i say reading reviews is a f***ing waste of time.

The main point is wether or not you like the music they create. It doesn't matter what class it is, or what society calls it, or what they -label- it. What truly matters, which any musician will agree on, is wether or not the music can relate to you. Music doesn't make you who you are, the kinds you like and the genre society puts you into for listening to a specific class isn't what is created for. It is created to convey emotion, through sound.

-Willus

if someone compares Katatonie to Linkin' Park, there's no other possibility to that, than that one person is deaf as stone...

yuronimus said:
i say reading reviews is a f***ing waste of time.

so true! Reading reviews just spoil the pleasure of discovering an album with your own ears and judging for yourself! It can influence your opinion about an album in a bad way or even mislead you to 'wrong' purchases.
Trust only your ears, I say...

to be honest
when I played some katatonia to my brother he said it kind of sounds like mu metal.. and he did mention linkin park
althought now he likes Viva Emptiness pretty much.. it took a while though

the mourner13 said:
man this is bullshit,you've got to be a total idiot to tell that my twin sounds like alinkin park song!!!!!come on,don't these people see the difference!!!!well fuck them,just believe in katatonia...
Not that weird, really. Its melodic, heavy with some quiet parts, mellow and has clean vocals. Thats basically a description of Linkin parks music.

Now i'm not saying its that alike, BUT for people who don't know much about metal, its understandable that they draw that comparison.

Yeah... that's how Pandora.com determines which songs to play. It doesn't work.

Critics always have to compare to other artists in every single review, probably to support their analysis, it's a way of giving it credit.

In my opinion, comparing Katatonia to Linkin Park shows, beyond everthing else, extreme mental laziness.

Discouraged+One said:
well,i dont care about the reviews, because music is always very personal, but....it gives bad thoughts of the band, to people who are new to katatonia, and people who dont know katatonia too, but then again....it doesnt make sense saying katatonia.....linkin park.....oh my thats too much..
Yes, I know. But you can’t change anything, can you? You can only do some “private promotion” to your friends… Even if they say it sounds exactly like Linkin Park without rapping. There is one certain thing that these so called reviewers never dare to add: Katatonia music is way too intelligent for most of them…

It's strange this Katatonia board nowadays, too many groupies, too many groupies. It seems that even Katatonia released a, literally speaking, bad album, they would praise it anyway. I still haven't heard the new album, quite frankly i'm not that eager (i'm thinking more about new Fall of the Leafe) since the Viva Emptiness, i kind of wandered away from them. Hope they0ve done their best though, anyway... it's about time they start getting more commercial, you can't live from unique sounding undergrounded basis for the rest of your life.

the great cold distance is katatonia's best yet.
too bad the majority of people won't understand that.
and too bad indie-oriented audience will ignore this kind of record because of the term metal all over.

cunts with prejudices.

LoboUivante said:
It's strange this Katatonia board nowadays, too many groupies, too many groupies. It seems that even Katatonia released a, literally speaking, bad album, they would praise it anyway. I still haven't heard the new album, quite frankly i'm not that eager (i'm thinking more about new Fall of the Leafe) since the Viva Emptiness, i kind of wandered away from them. Hope they0ve done their best though, anyway... it's about time they start getting more commercial, you can't live from unique sounding undergrounded basis for the rest of your life.

I think its funny how people think that if a band grows up musically.....come out of their basement.......gets good production....and progressivly change their style over 10 years that they think they are selling out.....or going soft.....or going commercial.....like they must have a bunch of record executives telling them how to play in order to become rich....haha....what a farse.......

LoboUivante said:

Groupies!? I certainly hope im not included in that generalisation. I am very hard to please when it comes to music as Im sure alot of musicians are. And I certainly wouldnt praise and album I thought was below a bands abilty. I havent heard the new album only the my twin sample and I love it.