WTF is wrong with the people!!??

The music is sweet, my twin i mean... but I want to listen to Tonight's Music now, hope this next album to be nice. Viva Emptiness, altough being a progression in technic, from guitar playing, voice to new sounds (which i think are pretty original), took something away... Maturity, the maturity they reached with Last Fair Deal... (even though, not being my personal favorite).

LoboUivante said:
It's strange this Katatonia board nowadays, too many groupies, too many groupies. It seems that even Katatonia released a, literally speaking, bad album, they would praise it anyway. I still haven't heard the new album, quite frankly i'm not that eager (i'm thinking more about new Fall of the Leafe) since the Viva Emptiness, i kind of wandered away from them. Hope they0ve done their best though, anyway... it's about time they start getting more commercial, you can't live from unique sounding undergrounded basis for the rest of your life.

and comercialize doesnt mean selling out.....in agree with you.

Yes, i never said they were selling out. I'm a little musician myself, and it's a very difficult struggle to not be recognized (monetarily) with the work you do. As most have come aware of, the most fantastic, vanguardist, ambitious the sound, less airplay and therefore reckoning great musicians have (this is what happens most of the times). Katatonia in my opinion have never been a hard listen band, song structures, riffs, etc have been pretty much easy to get into (perhaps, Viva had some of the most vanguardist aspect of them, if you think about it) (yeah, Brave is there too no? :)).

Sorry Blakkeim, i was not being ironic, guess what i said goes for most bands, and katatonia as far as i know, have let their underground roots long long time ago. Sarcasm hardly suits anyone if you are not pertinent about the words you exhale. Theres an old saying here in Portugal, which i shall share with you: "Opinions are like vaginas, everyone has one, and whoever wants to give theirs, may".

BTW: Vampiric Youth, :) groupie comment, wonder if it was another person you would've written that down.

Discouraged+One said:
well,i dont care about the reviews, because music is always very personal, but....it gives bad thoughts of the band, to people who are new to katatonia, and people who dont know katatonia too, but then again....it doesnt make sense saying katatonia.....linkin park.....oh my thats too much..

Doesn't really make any diffrence to be honest. IN the Swedish Newspaper Göteborgs Posten (GP) Viva Emtiness got 5/5 and still nobody knows of them here...

Or Aftonbladet, although that is a really, and I mean, REALLY crappy newspaper (They are kind of horny on scandals and Stockholm) gave it a 4/% and said its one of the best albums of the year... Still...Nobody knows of them, even less than the people who know of Paradise Lost, and there are not many people who know of Paradise Lost either. Even though both bands has gotten really good Reviews on thier latest albums (PLX and Viva Emtiness)

Paradise Lost got lost somewhere along the way, anyway what they did can't be considered a sell-out, since after Draconian they sold even less. I kind of wonder what they sound like nowadays, but somewhere along their path, their path lost credit and interess.