you opinion about...

Nt3N

Dark Tranquillity Italia
Jan 3, 2005
Mestre (Venice)
www.darkillity.net
this is a little thread to ask you some things that will help me taking the best decision... i am planning in not a too distant future to have some darkillity t-shirts printed on a pretty large scale.. so i'd like to know:

- what u think of the design
- the color you like best
- the maximum price you'd pay for it if u had to buy it

shirt1.jpg

shirt2.jpg

shirt3.jpg

thanks for your help

I vote third one. The middle is a bit too dark and the red is a bit too bright IMO. For the price, I'd say the highest I'd go would be 35$ (though that's canadian currency so in american it'd be 30$) It's the price I pay when I buy t-shirts in a show.

@rahvin, King Chaos: i think you're right.. that will be changed for sure!

@RampageSword: OMG! i wouldn't buy any t-shirt for such prices!!! O_O

@fireangel: the tshirt would be sold both on the website and at festivals/concerts. of course I wouldn't target a huge audience, but still there are many people from my network wanting t-shirts.. anyway I wouldn't print more than 50-60 t-shirts.. this is the "pretty large scale" in relation to my website :rofl: as for the legal issue.. I don't think there is anything illegal about it... the font is not a DT font but you can buy it on the internet, so it's public, as long as I know.. as for the DT name if I wasn't allowed to use it on t-shirts I wouldn't be allowed to use it on my website either.. i don't think fansite t-shirts can be considered bootleg material: i'm not selling counterfeit stuff saying it's original dt merch, but i'm selling MY WEBSITE's OWN merch.. anyway i'll ask CM about that* :)

anyway.. i'm looking forward to keep the price at 10 euros shipping+packaging costs included

[edit] *i'll ask niklas.. as CM told me they have nothing to do with DT merch... :)

actually i get some money from the website too.. from sponsors and stuff.. as i spend money myself to keep the website up 'n' running.. but I think the *difference* is this: if I use dt logos, names, graphics and stuff to make money out of it this is of course illegal (and that is producing bootleg stuff as lots of people do and then sell it illegally over ebay for example).. but if I use the dt name just to let people know that "darkillity.net" is about dt and not about hamsters for example, i don't think this damages in any way the official merchandise.. as darkillity t-shirts don't represent in anyway a market-competitor in relation to official merchandise items..

more than that the way "dark tranquillity italia" is written is variable: I might also consider writing it with a different font.. who knows..

anyway i just asked niklas and i'll wait for his answer, just to make sure everything's all right :) and, fireangel, thanks for being concerned about any possible problem i might face ;)

the potential problem that i see, is that some might get confused by the "darkillity" in that font and think they're buying a dark tranquillity shirt (for example in the heat and haste of a concert). maybe you should make the "net" part a bit bigger.

@siren: i can't see how anyone could think that a shirt saying "darkillity" is official dt merchandise... as DT does not use "darkillity" as one of their names (for example they use "dt", "dark tranquiLity" and so on, but not "darkillity").. in fact, since the beginning, i chose the "darkillity" name just to make sure people understand that my page in unofficial, just like all the stuff related in any way to my website.. anyway.. nobody will be selling darkillity t-shirts at concerts unless it's me.. so noone can get mistaken, as my t-shirts would not be sold mixed up with official merchandise.. more than that, i presume that 50-60 t-shirts are not even so many: my plan would be to sell these shirts to people that clearly ask to have one.. the thing is there is nothing like creating "darkillity stands" at festivals or make stands sell my stuff for me.... i would only sell darkillity t-shirts to those who come to me, greet me and ask me if they can have one.. so miastakes are totally impossible :)

ah great! btw, i like the 1st and 3rd one the most. maybe you could print 2 colours, or you just want to print one of them?

@siren: well actually it depends on how much I have to pay for the printing array/matrix (hope u call it that way in english.. i have no idea).. anyway by "array/matrix" I mean the basic structure i need to pay for to get my design into the machines that actually print onto the black t-shirt. if this has no costs (sometimes it works this way) then i can have more than just one color.. otherwise i need to think a little about it, as i'm not willing to invest too much money in this as a first print :)

:) most people (not only in this community) say they like most the 3rd one, so that'd probably be the one i'd choose if i had to print just one color.. but another great crowd says they like best the first one.. so i'm a bit unsure.. anyway i'll probably destroy project number 2 :rofl:

Nice design !
I like them all but I prefer the third one !! the 1st one with red is nice too but may be try to make the text itself white !
10€ is an OK price :) may be 15€ is the max !!