You, the (woods)people! What kind of new shirts do you want to see?

That would make a nice 2nd WOY shirt for me. Hope it pans out :kickass:

here's a shirt idea I came up with after reading a few of the suggestions in this thread. What do you guys think?

woods-shirt-idea.jpg

I like the grey one more and more every time I see it, although I REALLY like the big lettering on the back of the Ontario Logo one. But, I'm worried about how the pictures would turn out when printed on an actual shirt. I think the black one would be a better choice, if only because the final product would look better.

Yeah that grey one is really awesome, the thing on the back is a really nice touch.

I really like the girlie tee I got from you in dark green. The fit is great, so I hope you get more in that same style. The lettering on the dark brown one though is practically illegible so don't do black on dark brown again. Antiqued gold or green on brown would have been cool. I think silver screenprinting would be pretty awesome, either the more matte or super shiny (I have an Arch Enemy baby tee with shiny silver screenprint that is awesome). I like "I'm at home in the Northern cold," with the W3 artwork. Maybe a screenprint that goes up the side up from the bottom instead of the standard front and center, a tree with bare branches, with the logo intertwined in the branches maybe?

Also, I like the gray shirt with a few aesthetic changes. I feel like the spacing between the words is too large both on the front and back, they're swimming... increase the font size and/or stretch it a bit horizontally. Also, I like how the graphic on the back has just the one image as opposed to the front where it has the two pictures next to each other, I find that it disrupts the flow of the overall look. Either take off the album pic and stretch the trees, or center it in the middle of the trees of the larger pic and clone stamp it so that you don't see the seams. I do like the off-center placement of the WoY logo. That said, I'd rock it. :)

A shirt should be done with the theme from the song The Ghosts Of Summer's Past.

This is my favorite song from this great band, and one of my all time favorite songs period. I can really relate to it in so many ways.

Thanks. I think I'm going to get one printed for myself even if it never sees the light of the day any other way, seeing as it's not exactly likely we're going to see WoY merchandise this far south any time soon.

Aside from the 'Logo-Only' design, I plan to have some new shirts available later this summer and fall, once I'm back in Canada and can dedicate some time to this (I'm still wandering in Finland at the time of writing). I've been in talks with a couple reputable merch companies this past year who are intereted in starting to design, print and sell new WoY shirts for us, but these deals take time to close and get started, apparently.

I also plan to have long sleeves and new whoodies available again later this year, for when it starts to get cold. More as it develops...

In a related story, I was laughing when choosing which ROTTEN SOUND (Finnish grind) t-shirt design to buy after seeing their show at the Provinssirock Festival in western Finland this past weekend... They had the straight up, 'black metal', 'white illegible logo on a black t-shirt' style as well as this other more artsy, less threatening one with a tribal design and legible words on a nice beige shirt. I was discussing with friends how I think that many bands (WoY included) often have this 'alternative' shirt design (in colour, not black) available so that guys can still buy metal shirts of ugly sounding bands, but also still reasonably expect to be able to wear them while socializing with non-metal women, without much risk of the undesirable consequences of looking blatantly 'metal'. In this case, not that I really needed another black t-shirt, but in the end that's what I choose. I felt that if I were to choose to wear their merch, I want to deliver to true essance of ROTTEN SOUND. I look forward to offering you WoY shirts in a variety of styles and colours in the near future, but I believe that it will always be important to have the straight up, white on black, logo-only design available. It is the most true of all WoY t-shirts and the most direct delivery of our message. :)

+ A friend of mine told me that he unexpectedly saw a some dude at his local grocery store wearing a WoY shirt yesterday...I like hearing this! It's happening!

Thanks for your input, as always!

DG :kickass:

I would love to see some colour shirts again, the collar is stretched on my brown one, and my white one has been partied out and has many stains on it now. Black one is still great, but I enjoy the colored metal shirts for a change. Regardless though, I will be very interested in any new design regardless of color.