you won't believe how much the recto recording pre sucks!

I was hoping you wouldn't ask this, lol
I'll try to do a short clip next week :) But don't expect anything fantastic. I don't see the point in doing it with your settings though (reminds me of a funny old thread, please post a clip with gain at 6 :D )

Hehe, you don't have to ;)

I just thought with the same dry-guitars re-amped (link above) and similar settings it would be more obvious if mine's faulty.

on the other hand...if there really is a big difference the settings wouldn't change that much.

sriously, you don't have to to that, althoughb I'd really appreciate it ;)

cheers mate

Now i'm on a mission to find some good clips.

Haven't found any sounding better than my v-amp pro.
So i guess for silent nightly recording i will buy an used 5150 and go from its effect loop to the soundcard and then some impulse for cab simulation.
Later if money allows i will buy some kind of attenuator with line level out.

i didn't think anyone actually used that pre for direct recording, anyone who plays with one woud think it was designed strictly for running thru another power amp

Whats killing me with the Mesa Recto Rec Pre is this.

Normally the modern voicing of the red channel is done in the poweramp section of a recto removing negative feedback. The recording outputs on the rec pre has an eq-filter to emulate this voicing in the red channel. The manual says this modern voicing-emulation is ONLY aplied to the recording outputs, not the live outputs so one can use the modern voicing from the Mesa 2:100 poweramp insted.

Only problem is, the manual is wrong! The modern voicing emulation is aplied to BOTH recording and live outputs wich makes it a big problem if you want to use the REAL modern voicing from the Mesa 2:100 poweramp.

IDIOTS!