Your 1 absolute favourite metal record of all time

vulgar took me the longest to get into but once i did it ranks pretty high as well,love tgstk and steel as well.

Right on. I got to see Pantera on the Vulgar Display of Power Tour, that is what drew me into them. They sounded so bad ass live and had such a great frontman with Phil Anselmo. The opening band was White Zombie which was fucking awesome as that was when they just released La Sexorcisto. And Trouble was the first opening slot which was great too. Trouble used to be pretty bad ass.

Then I got to see Pantera open for SOD in Los Angeles. This is when Far Beyond Driven was not yet released but it was finished so they played some 'new' songs from it. That was great. SOD headlined. Pantera, Prong, Entombed, and The Obsessed opened up. Was a great fuckin show.

Then of course was Pantera and Sepultura. That was the last time Pantera was really good because Phil started to turn into a monster. He never was the same after that tour. But luckily he is now doing a lot better and the last tour I saw him do with Down was amazing.

I saw Pantera/Soufly/ Morbid Angel on the Reinventing the Steel tour. Pantera was my least favorite band of the night. Soulfly and Morbid Angel were bad ass. In fact Soulfly sounded so good it turned a ton of the people in that audience into Soulfly fans. Pantera was good but Phil was so whacked out of his mind it effected their performance.

It's either:
Samael - Passage
Mastodon - Leviathan
SYL - City

P.S. SOWN is metal, saying it's not is just stupid.

Nuclear Assault's Survive. No question about it.

A lot of albums come close for me, though. Like Among the Living, By Inheritance (Artillery), Custom Killing (Razor), and the Great Southern Trendkill. Nuke just seems to stick out like a sore thumb for me, in a good way too. The closest second, however, goes to Torture's Storm Alert. Thrash masterpiece. Shame it was their only album.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exodus - Fabulous Disaster

I remember buying it on cassette tape when it was first released, when I was in the 5th grade.
I thought I would get in trouble for listening to it because it was so heavy. LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nuclear Assault's Survive. No question about it.

A lot of albums come close for me, though. Like Among the Living, By Inheritance (Artillery), Custom Killing (Razor), and the Great Southern Trendkill. Nuke just seems to stick out like a sore thumb for me, in a good way too.

Damn, that album also is huge on my list. I had that on Vinyl believe it or not. Then upgraded to a tape. That is a bad ass album. So unique. Good call!

Firstly Timmy. Great thread.

Ok here it goes.
All time favourite Metal album is..... Persistence of Time.

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son & ...And Justice for All also hold very magical places in my memory bank for me.

'Fabulous Disaster' is so underrated in Exodus' catalogue, they mostly play stuff from 'Bonded By Blood' and their newer ones with Rob Dukes.

It's either:
Samael - Passage
Mastodon - Leviathan
SYL - City

P.S. SOWN is metal, saying it's not is just stupid.

I'm a big Mastodon fan, but to be honest I have never understood the love for Leviathan to the point where it's so many people's fave record. Not slamming your love for the record.... it's solid, but I love Blood Mountain and CTS so much more. And even Remission when I really think about it. Really intrigued to see where they go next, cause I've been hearing that the band has been a tad dysfunctional over the last 12 months or so. Hopefully things stay together and on track and they produce more killer music down the track. Fingers crossed.

You idiot.

Seconded.

SOWN - Metal
Operation Mindcrime - Progressive Hard Rock (stunning album! Kill Mary?)

I've got every one of Queensryche's albums and their very early albums aside I wouldn't class them as metal. Prog/Hard Rock more like it.

SOWN might have some metal elements, a few songs could be considered metal but over all is hard/heavy rock. Doesn't mean its bad. But give me a break.

I have to agree with you on this one, i just think that it's a lot heavier than Operation Mindcrime, so it's kinda funny that tell someone he should pick another album, because SOWN is not metal, although you consider OM metal. Many albums mentioned in this thread are widely considered hard rock, but you choose SOWN to pick on...