Your Fave Covers

No way, I have too many to list here but for starters

'The Sentinel' (Judas Priest) - Heavens Gate

best and probably most imporant cover in metal history:
quiet riot- cum on feel the noize

also cool covers:
GNR- mama kin, since i don't have you
twisted sister- all of the 50s/60s rock tunes they covered
queensryche- gonna get close to you (a lady did it first right?)
w.a.s.p.- paint it black, i don't need no doctor

I love that song, but I thought that it was a Quiet Riot original. Who did it first?

a band called SLADE. the story goes QR's producer thought kevin had a voice similar to that of the SLADE lead singer so he asked the band to cover the tune. a cover of a hit is an easy way to get record execs to give a band a chance and the song was not really a hit in the states but was in england. according to banali and dubrow the band tried to make the song sound as bad as they could so the producer would say nevermind and of the the bands original tunes (danger zone or another re-recording of a tune from the rhoads era like they did with slick black cadillac) would be used. while it was being mixed down the band realized they had cheesed it up so much that it actually sounded good enough to be a hit and knew the producer was going to use it on the album. the rest is history.

a band called SLADE. the story goes QR's producer thought kevin had a voice similar to that of the SLADE lead singer so he asked the band to cover the tune. a cover of a hit is an easy way to get record execs to give a band a chance and the song was not really a hit in the states but was in england. according to banali and dubrow the band tried to make the song sound as bad as they could so the producer would say nevermind and of the the bands original tunes (danger zone or another re-recording of a tune from the rhoads era like they did with slick black cadillac) would be used. while it was being mixed down the band realized they had cheesed it up so much that it actually sounded good enough to be a hit and knew the producer was going to use it on the album. the rest is history.

Learn something new every day.

Blind Guardian has done some great covers, 'Spread Your Wings' in particular.

Yes they did and I rather go with Don't Break The Circle (Demon).

Helreid - 'Stranger In Strange Land' (Iron Maiden)

what album is that on?

It was recorded during the Reel to Real session but released only on Itunes as part of a 6 song Itunes EP called "A Peace of Time". That Ep also includes:

"Everything I Know" (I think the original artist was Bread)
"I'd Love to Change the World" (I think the original was Ten Years After)
"Silent Night" (yes, the holiday tune)
"Signs" (re-recorded, "electric version")
"The Way It Is" (new recording)
"What You Give" (new recording)