Your Fave Covers

It was recorded during the Reel to Real session but released only on Itunes as part of a 6 song Itunes EP called "A Peace of Time". That Ep also includes:

"Everything I Know" (I think the original artist was Bread)
"I'd Love to Change the World" (I think the original was Ten Years After)
"Silent Night" (yes, the holiday tune)
"Signs" (re-recorded, "electric version")
"The Way It Is" (new recording)
"What You Give" (new recording)

thanks for the info but if you listed 6 songs there and then another song earlier in this thread isn't it a 7 song e.p.?

Cover song: "Smell like teen spirit" (Nirvana)
Original tune: "More than a feeling" (Boston) :Smokedev:

Seriously:

IN THE WOODS "Epitaph" (Original: King Crimson)
SANCTUARY: "White rabbit" (Original: Jefferson Airplane)
RACER X: "Moonage daydream" (Original: David Bowie)
RACER X: "Heart of a lion" (ORiginal: Judas Priest)
QUEENSRYCHE: "I´m gonna get close to you" (Original: Lisa Dalbello)

Thanks! I came home from work on Monday & my wife was watching David Bowie & the spiders from mars on vh1 "The Last Show Ever"

Great song IMO. Interesting remake.

Not a covers fan but the Metallica cover of Turn The Page was awesome (originally by Bob Seger) Also Your Mama Don't Dance by Poison (originally by Kenny Loggins and Jim Messina) and their cover of Squeeze Box (originally by The Who) The first live show I ever went to was a local covers band back when I didn't know a lot about music, they played a cover of Every Rose Has It's Thorn and so began my journey into 80s rock/metal.

Graham Bonnet(It's All Over Now Baby Blue)

a little soft before his hard rock legacy but the guy's had an impressive 40+ years varied musical career!
:worship:

I have so much!

Megadeth - Anarchy In UK
Motorhead - God Save The Queen
Sodom - Don't Walk Away, Surfin' Bird
Metallica - Helpless, Am I Evil
Slayer - Dissident Aggressor
Pantera - Planet Caravan
Hypocrisy - Black Magic

(To name just a few and remaining into the Old School)

That is very tough....... however, two stand out as far as "bigger" songs that were covered........

Alien Nation - Avalon. This version beats The original, though Chity (the vocalist) is actually doing a Klaus impression of sorts. When I say this beats the original, that says a bunch, because although "poppy" to some, I love this Scorps tune and consider it a top ten by the Scorps.

Egypt(The Chains Are On) - Doro. I can't say this tops the original, but it is on par, and how many people can say they could sing "on par" with the late great RJD ? I doubt she could keep up with many of Ronnie's other songs, but that was an incredible version she did.

Bryant

That is very tough....... however, two stand out as far as "bigger" songs that were covered........

Alien Nation - Avalon.
Egypt(The Chains Are On) - Doro.
Bryant

I agree both are really well done covers.

Wardog - 'Purgatory' (Iron Maiden)
Demonios - 'Fear Of The Dark' (Iron Maiden)
Testament - 'Rapid Fire' (Judas Priest)
Overkill - 'Tyrant' (Judas Priest)
Skyclad - 'Dreamer Deceiver' (Judas Priest)
Steve Howe & Annie Haslam - 'Turn Of The Century' (Yes)
Gregoor van der Loo/Marcel Coenen/Trent Gardner/Jeff Brockman/Carl Cadden-James - 'Freewill' (Rush)
Ugly Kid Joe - 'N.I.B.' (Black Sabbath)
Sonata Arctica - 'Still Loving You' (Scorpions)
Tim Owens/Yngwie Malmsteen/Tim Bogert/Tommy Aldridge/Derek Sherinian - 'Mr. Crowley' (Ozzy Osbourne)
Lisa Loeb/Dweezil Zappa/Michael Porcaro/Stephen Ferrone/Micheal Sherwood - 'Goodbye to Romance' (Ozzy Osbourne)
Solitude Aeturnus - 'No More Tears' (Ozzy Osbourne)
Therion - 'Southbound' (Thin Lizzy)
Ronnie James Dio/Yngwie Malmsteen/Stu Hamm/Greg Bissonette/Paul Taylor - 'Dream On' (Aerosmith)
Sargant Fury - 'Eagle' (ABBA)
Rough Silk - 'Take A Chance On Me' (ABBA)
Steel Prophet - 'Ides Of March/Purgatory' (Iron Maiden)
Solitude Aeturnus - 'Hallowed Be Thy Name' (Iron Maiden)