• Gothenburg Metal

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Gloom Metal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hair Metal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Metal

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • True Metal (Bands like Lost Horizon, Manowar...)

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
I voted folk metal, only cause I couldn't find viking metal!
Then I saw it just as I voted >:eek:P Hehe... But a mix
between the two is great. But then again, I also love so
many other genres, and to top it all, I am really not good
with genres...hehe... :eek:)

Originally posted by Blackspirit
I voted folk metal, only cause I couldn't find viking metal!
Then I saw it just as I voted >:eek:P Hehe... But a mix
between the two is great. But then again, I also love so
many other genres, and to top it all, I am really not good
with genres...hehe... :eek:)

Mean like finntroll ??

I pretty much consider folk/Viking/battle/medieval/pagan/Celtic, etc to all be the "same" subgenre of black metal. While there are subtle nuances found within all the above, it's kind of silly to separate them from each other. So to continue the vein of the thread for example, I'd consider Finntroll in the same boat as Thyrfing, which is in the same boat as Primordial. But that's all just my opinion of course.

I pretty much consider folk/Viking/battle/medieval/pagan/Celtic, etc to all be the "same" subgenre of black metal. While there are subtle nuances found within all the above, it's kind of silly to separate them from each other. So to continue the vein of the thread for example, I'd consider Finntroll in the same boat as Thyrfing, which is in the same boat as Primordial. But that's all just my opinion of course.

I can somehow agree to that, but still not. I do not see all those genres as subgenres to black metal. I think they all have quite their own sound whether they sound a bit darker or not.

Some of them may sound very similar to each other, but then it is the style of the band that decides to what genre they "belong" to. And well, I do not see Thyrfing and Finntroll in the same boat. The both may be from Scandinavia and their style may be quite similar, but their music is not really.

I voted for Epic Metal because this genre draws upon various other genres anyway, in my opinion. At least what I understand by epic metal. There can be folkish influences, blackish influences, progressive influences etc. etc.

i can't say i know all of these genres, but hell...
i love all what is folk/viking/pagan.
other genres depend on my mood:
- pure black, especially early 90'ies classics like Darkthrone ( although i find it kinda 'shallow' )
- all what is atmospheric, including some gothic
- melodic death like Arch Enemy
- and finally power metal (i think Rhapsody is silly but i still like it , and hey , Blind Guardian rulez! )

Originally posted by DeadWinterDead
What's wrong with nu-metal? :rolleyes: Doesn't it remind you of your favorite rap bands?! :lol: ;)

and Soilwork or In Flakes?