• Gothenburg Metal

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Gloom Metal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hair Metal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Metal

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • True Metal (Bands like Lost Horizon, Manowar...)

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
soilwork isn't? for sure? so maybe soilwork is comercial crap? ok, enough... i love 2 first soilwork album, but i really hate NUclear Blast's era... look at your signature: "True metal will never die, only posers will". soilwork are posers... :(

I can`t choose only one category. Sometimes it`s difficult to categorize a music. I simple `hate` categories:) I think there is only Good or Bad music but i know its different with everybody;)

Originally posted by Mocika
whats that? anybody would explain it to me?:eek:

Brown Metal: Music so good, you will shit in your pants.

Actually, brown metal is the description I gave the music I make. I'm in a group called Draug (yes, I know there's a Swedish folk group of the same name, but I'm not too worried)
Anyways, since the word is of Norwegian origin, I was asked if we were black metal, to which I replied "No, we're brown metal".
So, of course, now I have to come up with some sort of music that I can call brown metal, since I invented a genre without the music to back it up. Here's what I know so far:

1. Brown metal is medium-tempo, for the most part. It won't likely have a tempo over 180-200 beats per minute.

2. Brown metal has entirely clean vocals. This is largely due to the fact that although I can do growly-type vocals, and can enjoy them when they are done well, I feel kind of silly doing them, so I'd rather stick with something that I don't feel silly about.

3. Brown metal has a lot of time changes, lots of different riffs per song, and a strong progressive element.

4. Brown metal has more guitar solos and instrumental sections than it probably should. This is largely due to the fact that I come up with a lot of riffs for a given tune, but rarely feel ambitious enough to write lyrics for an 8-minute song.

Our first release is decidedly not brown metal, since almost all the music was written prior to 2000, which was when Brown Metal was invented. Will Brown Metal catch on as a genre? Probably not, especially if I can't exactly figure out what it is.

:)

I will not vote , because (except by nu-metal) I like them all. :D

here in PR , the Gothenburg -style melodic death metal , it's called Turbo-metal.