your favorite, most impressive band dvd's you own

Favourites:

Death - Live in LA
Hypocrisy Destroys Wacken
Metallica: Live Shit, Binge & Purge
First 2 My Dying Bride ones
Last 2 The Gathering ones

The crappiest DVD in history is Nargaroth - Dead-Ication. It's an utter piece of shit and total waste of my 20 euros.
I'm also very disappointed with the last My Dying Bride DVD.

Somehow I prefer watching Death Metal DVD's to others.. more action I guess. For non-Death Metal i'd say the Katatonia dvd's as well as PT - Arriving Somewhere and the Blackfield one. I actually prefer the Blackfield dvd to the PT dvd. There's just so much soul in the Blackfield performance.

:zombie:
I have one that I LOVE, but because of certain requests can't discuss...

Belligerent knows.

:)
PM me i have no idea, and you've got me curious now.

Um, a few band DVDs I watch regularly would be
Bloodbath Wacken Carnage
Enslaved Return to Yggsdrasil
Porcupine Tree Arriving Somewhere
Opeth - Lamentations
Joe Satriani - Live in San Francisco
Incubus - Alive at Red Rocks
Roger Waters - In The Flesh

HIGHLY anticipating Opeth's Roundhouse Tapes DVD

Hmm, I always totally look forward to live-dvd's, but eventually when I have them I hardly watch them at all anymore after one month.

Some dvd's I still occasionally view after this time are:

- Anathema - Were you there?

It is shot so very great that the views add to the music.

- Tori Amos - Welcome to sunny florida

She and her band are just so good live, which is always a treat to the ears and eyes.
I usually put on the dvd instead of a cd of her when I want to hear a specific song

I'm still waiting desperately for the Katatonia dvd. I hope they will put a lot of effort into making it perfect.
The nevermore dvd is also high on my list of wanna-see's, but it's kind of a duke nukem forever scenario :p
I don't know about this one, but I think I heard rumors way back that TOOL would release a dvd.
I'm positive that last dvd would really be something

I really want a new Tool dvd. That would be amazing with all the music videos, and a live performance.

fourth eye said:
Tools’ attorney is adams brother alan. and he is the one fighting to get the dvd released in the way in which the band wants it released. meaning, no stupid edits made by the record company in regards to certain band members views on the beneficial use of psychedelic drugs.

as you all know TOOL doesnt give a shit when their material is released, all they care about is their artistic vision being completely intact.
thats why this dvd is taking so long to come out.
link

I REALLY wish they would put out the US Festival on DVD.
Does anyone remember this? They used to rebroadcast it on TV a lot...

This was a huge outdoor concert in California in 1983, I believe.
Check it out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Festival

It featured a boatload of fantastic bands at the top of their game:
- Motley Crue (right before Shout dropped)
- Judas Priest
- Van Halen (Roth drunk out of his mind)
- Triumph
- Scorpions
- Ozzy
... and 350,000 fans under a blazing sun. Absolutely amazing show!

I don't own that much live dvd's since if I have some I won't watch it often very seldom. Favorite dvd is probably Metallica's live shit or Opeth's Lamentations. Just bought Live Consternation and I'll see how high it goes on my list when I watch it :)