Your Favorite Non-Metal Genre?

Favorite Non-Metal Music?

• Total voters
Interpol(Start with the first two)
Iron and Wine

If these two count as indie rock, then yes. Definately fucking yes.

And other: Soul/Motown. I was force fed that stuff as a kid and now I fucking love it :lol:

And whatever stuff like Jack Johnson, Newton Faulkner, Harvey Danger, etc counts as.
And power ballad stuff.

Fuck I knew I'd miss a few genres when making the poll. I guess I subconsciously overlooked rap/hip-hop because I often disregard its validity as music.

Classical and Prog Rock for me - and 80's pop, due mainly to GTA: Vice City. Not that I've ever looked far into any of them, but I intend to venture further when I have the money to do so.

Ozric Tentacles

Been listening to them a ton lately. Mainly as background music, though. :p They're damn good at what they do, but they also do it to death.

Have they ever done a song/album with vocals? I'd like to hear one.

Been listening to them a ton lately. Mainly as background music, though. :p They're damn good at what they do, but they also do it to death.

Have they ever done a song/album with vocals? I'd like to hear one.

I think there are vocals in part of one of the songs on Erpland.

Missed the multiple options thing.
For me it's hard rock and punk. When i listen to non-metal I want simplistic, energetic stuff. If I want something complicated or emotional or whatever, metal pretty much covers everything.

I still can't get over that whole 'same chord progression every single goddamn song' thing w/ blues.