Your Favourite Australian Bands?

Got a demo from a Melbourne band called 'Anarchsphere' a week or so ago. Lovin' it. Pretty brutal 'cyber' Metal. Fans of Fear factory, Strapping, Machine Head etc will love it. Should be huge.

Astriaal
Anarazel
Portal
Gospel of the Horns
Destruktor
Baal Gadrial
Nazxul
The Murphy Boys
Ruins
Pestilential Shadows
Striborg
Super Fun Happy Slide

After the Testament gig in Sydney, Dreadnaught are (for now at least) my favourite Aussie band. My already high expectations were exceded and I enjoyed their set so much I didn't even care if I saw Testament or not afterwards. How's that for a plug :lol:

Any brisbanites around?? There are heaps of awesome metal bands in brizzy :). Prog in particular. Some have their forums hosted for free on OzProg.com. Its a pretty awesome site cos it brings metallers together and makes it easier to keep up with the local stuff. I'll probably forget that I posted here now :(. lol.

There are Brisbanites around on other forums (Maiden Downunder, for example), but I don't know that any come here. :(

OzProg.com is pretty cool. I should go back there sometime.

The Masters Apprentices
Ne Obliviscaris
The Blackwater Fever
Dark Omen
The Midnight Parasites
C.O.G

Not a favourite but The Butterfly Effect are O.K.

can probubly think of more if I wrack my brain but these are all good for now. Really I have never cared a hell of a lot for our local scene as it is mostly full of Metalcore on the metal side of things or dull arse rock bands.

Vanishing Point
Eyefear
Black Majesty
Murderworld
Sword Toward Self
Ironwood
Black Asylum
Damarill
too many more to name...