Your Favourite Australian Bands?

I saw The Eternal last night at Opeth. Was pretty impressed....

Alarum are going overseas soon, which is great.

yay the only good australian band i realy know is jerk i'll check out some of yours

DARKLORD from SA are the heaviest most crushing band I've ever heard in the world. Heavier than all those mentioned put together. Believe me, I've seen em live and I'd find it hard to believe there's anyone heavier than them going around. Not to mention the two best guitarists in metal in such an extreme band.

Grow some balls the lot of you. Extreme satanic metal is the law! AARRGGHH!
Best Aussie bands:

Darklord
Nazxul
Bestial Warlust (RIP)
Sadistik Exekution

Sorry folks, we're supposed to be talking about metal bands here. So I'm afraid stuff like Sunk Loto, Parkway Drive, Chalice, Testeagles, Mindsnare and so many other bands mentioned here just don't cut it as 'metal' and shouldn't even be mentioned.

The thread title says favourite Australian bands, not favourite Australian metal bands though. :)

I like extreme metal, but a bit of variation is good. Plus to believe in Satan you believe in God by default, which isn't always easy.... :)

Favourites: ghettoblasterz, Tommy Emmanuel, Dungeon/LORD, On The Virg, Psycroptic, Transcending Mortality, Inane Eminence, James Reyne, Pathogen, John Farnham, AC/DC, Flatstick, Brett Garsed, The Screaming Jets.

Honorable mentions: Black Majesty, Vanishing Point, Ilium, ...Fuck I'm Dead, The Berzerker, Jennifer Will Drown, Kania, Mondo Rock, Blood Duster, The Amenta, Goanna, Icehouse, Vaginal Carnage, Eyefear, Damaged.

No, they're not ALL metal, but the thread is "Your favourite Australian bands", not "Your favourite Australian bands METAL ONLY".

Mixed bands...

Astriaal, Virgin Black, Beneath the Dying Moon, Vanishing Point, Ne Obliviscaris, Enter Twilight, Voyager, The Furor, The Butterfly Effect, Best Wishes, Angel Theory, Resurrection Eve, Lycanthia, The Amenta, The Eternal, Be'lakor, Minus Life, Long Walk Home...
...all I can remember...

Hey any of you dudes heard of chalice?
they are playing with the eternal here in adelaide in a few weeks