Your Favourite Australian Bands?

DeadShkinMask said:
Tell them, plead with them, to come to Sydney one more time! Just one more time:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

well... being the big shot that i am :erk: i happen to be friends with the ex-drummer of Chalice so there is a good chance that i would get to meet one of the 6 members of the band. So if i remember (if im not totally drunk :kickass: ) i shall ask and report back :kickass:

DeadShkinMask said:
Tell them, plead with them, to come to Sydney one more time! Just one more time:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Saw em the other night, man they were really great, that singer has the most beautiful voice

I asked one of the dudes if they were going to head to sydney, he says hes not sure, theyve got a couple of gigs here next month then perhaps they will tour around a bit
Ill ask again next time i see em, just to piss em off :kickass:

Satanik Lord said:
Grow some balls the lot of you. Extreme satanic metal is the law! AARRGGHH!
Best Aussie bands:

Darklord

I bet you anything you like you're a member, or in some way affiliated with Darklord- what with the Satanik screen name. That's their trademark. Or maybe you're just a hardcore fan :Smug:

Anyway, I own 'Symphony Satanikka' and saw the band play live at the Espy in Melbourne, which in hindsight was probably the worst venue to see them. The volume at that venue is so fucking loud, so consistently, that the nuances and 'musicianship' which you espouse so enthusiastically were rendered into one bit white noise turd.

Still, I do think they are a wonderful extreme band and I would love to see them play at a volume where I can actually hear them.

If you prefer your music more extreme, might I suggest you try:

Ne Obliviscaris. Most here will probably know what I'm taking about, as their last few gigs in Melbourne have been jaw droppingly good. Black metal with a classically trained violinist, and they're going to make big waves in the international community, I assure you.

Failing all this, and if you're in the mood for some cry baby 'metal' try my band Rainshadow.

Or not.

Darklord are a pretty cool band, check my sig for some cool ol SA death metal

Danallica said:
well... being the big shot that i am :erk: i happen to be friends with the ex-drummer of Chalice so there is a good chance that i would get to meet one of the 6 members of the band. So if i remember (if im not totally drunk :kickass: ) i shall ask and report back :kickass:

You know Adrian Bickle? That guy is the best poet I have ever fucking read, he's a fucking legend as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for asking dude! I was such a fuckwit, I was working last time Chalice played here (with Lycanthia as well, nonetheless) and I didn't quit my job to go, what a fuckwit I am.

Winmar said:
Where are Karnivool from?
Melbourne I think??

DeadShkinMask said:
You know Adrian Bickle? That guy is the best poet I have ever fucking read, he's a fucking legend as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for asking dude! I was such a fuckwit, I was working last time Chalice played here (with Lycanthia as well, nonetheless) and I didn't quit my job to go, what a fuckwit I am.

Melbourne I think??

Yeh Im lucky, Adrian is a family friend, he was the guy who got me into metal and has been a good mentoir for my drumming, and, above all, hes a really nice a genuine guy who would do you a good turn. Hes currently drumming in Mournful Congregation I believe

Chalice are playing here again on saturday, ill ask the same dude i asked last time, see how pissed off he gets :lol: :headbang:

make sure your not sowrking next time man!, wont be the same though as their flute player as left and isnt going to be replaced, and she was a really big part of Chalice and was what helped distinguish them from alot of other acts and got them so popular

requiem said:
If you prefer your music more extreme, might I suggest you try:

Ne Obliviscaris. Most here will probably know what I'm taking about, as their last few gigs in Melbourne have been jaw droppingly good. Black metal with a classically trained violinist, and they're going to make big waves in the international community, I assure you.

You're far too kind Mr Rainshadow...but thank you...again.

Our next shows will be:
25th August: Adelaide @ The War Room
1st September: Melbourne @ The Evelyn Hotel
9th September: Sydney @ Newtown RSL (Funeral Moon Festival)

Danallica said:
Yeh Im lucky, Adrian is a family friend, he was the guy who got me into metal and has been a good mentoir for my drumming, and, above all, hes a really nice a genuine guy who would do you a good turn. Hes currently drumming in Mournful Congregation I believe

Chalice are playing here again on saturday, ill ask the same dude i asked last time, see how pissed off he gets :lol: :headbang:

make sure your not sowrking next time man!, wont be the same though as their flute player as left and isnt going to be replaced, and she was a really big part of Chalice and was what helped distinguish them from alot of other acts and got them so popular

Aren't they using a violinist nowadays, like they did on Chronicles?

DeadShkinMask said:
Aren't they using a violinist nowadays, like they did on Chronicles?

Not sure, they use a range of things when they record I think, live they just have a key board

Mechailus said:
Excellent...feel free to say hi.

I'm certainly interested to see what the Adelaide crowds are like.

Dont get your hopes up! :lol:

Winmar said:
Where are Karnivool from?

Karnivool are from Perth, not Melbourne. Great band.

Another vote here for Mindsnare, saw them support Kreator the other week and they blew them off the stage... :kickass:

Oh and howdy, I'm new and this is my first post in the Aussie forum... :)