Your Favourite Australian Bands?

Hey Deadshkin... Chalice are headed up your way for a gig later on in the year, be sure to check it out, they'll be playing some new shit as well

I reckon it's a little sad that I haven't been to a gig ro festival in ages, so I don't know many of the new and up-&-coming metal bands that this country has to offer.

Then again: there aren't that many touring right now anyway.

That being said, there are still plenty of Aussie bands that I love. Some gone, some still going, some you've never heard of.

Armoured Angel is still up there for me, despite the fact they broke up ages ago. I remember seeing them playing at the Civic Youth Centre with Alchemist when I was all of 13 years old.
Great show! :headbang:

Alchemist, despite the fact they haven't changed their set list in years and always seem to put on the same show, they're really talented boys who know how to get a crowd going.
I really miss that no one knows how to do the Chinese Whispers cricle mosh anymore. :wah:

Mortal sin. Really love these guys and am glad that they're back on the scene.
Can't wait for the new album.

Vanishing Point. These band must have some of the best musos in Australia right now.
Love 'em! :headbang:

Alarum -so talented it pissed me off sometimes but they're reall cool guys to chat and hang with and they have such passion for their trade.

Astriaal -one of the only Black Metal bands that i like. Again, super cool guys and fucking talents.

Psycroptic -see the Alarum entry. Dave is a freak on drums but they're all nice guys and I'm beyond happy to see that they're doing so well for themselves.

Jennifer Will Drown -hardcore name, pure Prog/Power style.
These guys are going to go far, believe you me. :headbang:

Malice -corpse paint black metal from the Coast. Where can you go wrong? :D

Temtris -what Australian metal needs is more powerful female vocalists up front in tight leather pants.
Doesn't hurt that they're scarily talented.

Infernal Method -great guys, great band. Just wish it didn't take them 3 years to release their album and the fact that Pete left as well.
Interested in seeing the new line-up at M4TB because I've heard good things about them.

Gonna add more bands later.

Catch ya
Shadow

Fuck oath!

heres some that have made it into my heart recently, they are mostly SA

Stargazer - Of course! - First Aussie band I ever got into, they are still by far my favourite

Juggermath - Black/Death/weird metal - the singer has knives coming out of his wrists, how metal :headbang:

Tzun Tzu - Black/Death with japanese themes - They have links with Stargazer, hence must be good

Mournful Congregation - Slow. As. Fuck funeral doom

Chalice - Terrific gothic stuff

Imminent psychosis - Metal!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Portal - hahaha, what can I say about these fuckers, cept i need to see them live :kickass:

Cauldron Black Ram - Heavy metal/Death metal , Really top work

Darklord - Extreme Black/Death - Equiped with corpsepaint and all :headbang:

Vahrzaw - tr00 Black Metal from Melbourne

Noctis Dan said:
:lol: HAHAHA try Perth man

Best Perth bands are

Pathogen
The Furor
Malignant Monster
Voyager
Chaos Divine
Pyromesh
Plague
Vespers Decent (RIP?)

Really wish that we could get the Perth crew over to the East more often.

I'd seriously maim to see PAthogen, Voyager and Black Steel play.
Don't really know the other bands on the list (besides The Furor).

Thanks for posting, more bands to keep an eye out for.

Catch ya
Shadow

Best Live bands i have seen here lately has too be ANTI STATIC...and Tangled Thoughts of Leaving (very energetic) Karnivool (who also played BRILLIANTLY) and Birds of Tokyo..
Second was Pathogen who supported Arch Enemy..BEST SHOW I SEEN IN AGES!!!

PERTH MUSIC SCENE IS GOING OFF:headbang:

damo66 said:
best oz bands are Sakkuth, Infernal Method, damaged

I'm still a little sadden, after all this time, that Damaged called it quits.

Top band and top blokes.

But i was most fortunate to see Skitzy behind the kit one last time and to have seen them live a few times.

Possible one of the best Aussie bands of all time.:headbang::kickass:
Now, I just need to go and buy sme more of their CDs -when i can find them.:cry:

The Bezerker
Psycroptic
Fuck..Im Dead
TDEBN
Mytile Vey Lorth
Devolved
Ebolie
Elysian
The Amenta
Earth
to name a few