your favourite dreamcast-games?

spaffe

Geisterglut
Feb 25, 2002
Sverige
www.skivsamling.nu
i bought a dreamcast unit quite cheap the other day (paid ~51 E for it), but i didn't get any games along with the unit, only some game named chuchu rocket which wasn't to much fun :)
so i'm wondering which youre favourite games are, feels a bit rash just to rush out and buy some game just because the cover looks cool :)

There are SO MANY good dreamcast games. Dreamcast in my opinnion is a "next-gen" console, with graphics/games/playability rivaling that of gamecube/xbox/ps2.

Chu Chu rocket is simple, cute, and addictive...

Check out....

Shenmue (one of the best games of all time)
Soul Calibur (best 3d fighting game, hands down)
Dead or Alive 2
Sonic Adventure 1, 2
Skies of Arcadia
Jet Grind Radio
Grandia II
Resident Evil series
Phantasy Star Online
Crazy Taxi 1, 2
Gunbird
Powerstone
Capcom Vs SNk
Virtua Tennis
Unreal Tournament
Quake

etc

emulation (snes,gb,sms,nes,etc) is also rampant on the DC. checkout www.dcemulation.com for more details

have fun with your dreamcast, dreamcast rules!

i've tested Shenmue, i'm not very fond of that sort of rpgs,
soul calibur, now that's an awesome game,
sonic 2, hehe that's not my cup of tea, the music on the first level was awful :yuk: and the game sucked :)
jet grind radio was quite fun the first 2 hours but it became a bit monotonous after that.
the other games you've listed i haven't tried yet, i'll try to get one of my mates to download it and burn it for me :)

have you tried ikaruga btw? i got it the other day and the graphics are just stunning, though i've only played it for like 15 minutes it seems to be alot of fun, a damned hard to :)
i really recomend it.

Don't bother with Phantasy Star Online, the servers are going down permanently at the end of this year, and there's probably only like 50 people in the world still playing that game anyway. I'd reccomend searching out a game called Rez. It's like a shooter/music and rythm game, if that makes sense. It wasn't released for the DC in the U.S., but it was in other countries, and it came out for the PS2 here. Very cool game.

Originally posted by chibitotoro
Don't bother with Phantasy Star Online, the servers are going down permanently at the end of this year, and there's probably only like 50 people in the world still playing that game anyway. I'd reccomend searching out a game called Rez. It's like a shooter/music and rythm game, if that makes sense. It wasn't released for the DC in the U.S., but it was in other countries, and it came out for the PS2 here. Very cool game.

ah ok, well i guess dc i a dying console :(
ikaruga was the last game released for dreamcast, was it not?

hm... sounds a bit odd "shooter/music and rythem game" :)
but i'll see if i can find it and try to be open-minded :)
thanks for the tip, cheers.

It's blue because this is the pop-culture section of UM :)
Furthermore, I don't own a DC, but I've had access to one quite a bit, and there was this car-game that was cool, you unlocked motorcycles, cop-cars and stuff, it was pretty cool. Also, Soul Calibur rocked, Grandia II was cool as well (Final fantasy-similar) and then there was this neat RPG which I didn't get to play a lot, but you were an elf or something, and had a sword and all that. There were fairies and stuff, I can't remember too much :p
Dreamcast is pretty cool, though. Too bad it flopped.