Your Guitars

Do you cry when your guitar gets chipped?

• Total voters

-Gavin-

Gavornator
Jul 21, 2003
Oulu, Finland
Are you one of those people that cries if their guitar gets a ding or do you look at it as character on a guitar?

I mean, both my warlock and my Jackson have mega dings on the ends of the fins and i just think it looks cool cause pristine guitars are fair enough if you wanna have a trophy but i do like dings that give a guitar character. Look at Allus Wildchild? That was chipped to high fuck. Etc Etc.

Anyway, i dont set out to fuck up my guitars, but the odd ding i think looks cool.

i hated it...until mine became a piece of shit. now i dont know where half the chips came from nor do i care

depends. once i was soloing in my band in front of like 20 of our friends and i whacked it into a wall. thats a good ding, because it has a story. if i just pick up my guitar and theres a new nick that i dont remember giving it, it pisses me off. if im gonna fuck up my guitar, i at least want a story to tell :D

Yeah, see the upper wing of a rhoads? Thats fucking Ding Heaven. I have no paint on the end of it from all the bands its got.

And i agree bro, Dings with a story kick ass!

The other day I was just jamming with this guy who lives on my street. We play together like once ervery 6 months or sumpthin like that. We plan to start an industrial band and were trying to get somewhere with a Cure cover. He put his bass next to my baby.....it started sliding, hit my axe...*deng* *zwoing* *feedback*....the rest was silence....it looked like a dude with one tooth took a big bite out of it. He wanted to pay for the damages, I was like:"Hey, no biggy. Shit happens. I'm not planning to ever sell this sweet thing, so.....as long as the upper / lower half isn't knocked off (in a matter speech) Dings don't mean shit, eveen though it is a vintage. As long as it doesn't gets out of control. Besides, if the chipped bit will ever trouble me, i'll have a refin.....

Well it depends which one I ding really. If I ding my Jackson (low end) or Fernandes then I'm not too bothered. But if it's my Ibanez RG550 then yeah, I do get pretty pissed off, and I sit there examining it for ages.

sure mine has some, lasts were made whn I put it on a chair, got drunk and while I was jumping I kicked it so it flew into the air and crashed on some tree, but nothing serious happened :]

depends. If im playing and I ding it myself, I call it a battle scar. But if one of my friends is playing it, which i dont like to let my friends do, and THEY fuck it up, then yes, I get pissed. especially if it was my RR5. but the paint on that so far has been rock solid.