Your Hero in metal...

Garm-I loved his work with Ulver through every era. He had enough skill to produce quality black metal, then was willing to risk experimenting in electronic and avant-garde music, which turned out to be a success. He can be a prick at times, but who wouldn't with a narrow minded fanbase?

Fenriz-I love his apathetic attitude. He produces music based on what he sees as quality, not his fans. while many black metal bands got caught up in producing the same thing over and over, Fenriz showed he was willing to change, and even dabbled in DJing and ambient music. I'm excited to see how The Cult is Alive comes out

Jason William Walton-Agalloch is amazing, and I love his side projects, despite how weird they might be

Hell, I'd put all of Agalloch as one big heroic band of wandering men. Haha

Haha, yes! Especially Likely Sloth \m/

I honestly dont have a metal hero, I think that it might be that I am young and have not really had time to idolize someone, even though I know tons about metal and its many pioneers I just dont have a "hero" yet.

My Heroes

Peter Tagtgren

He has two bands (Hypocrisy, Pain), plays guitar, sings, produces, and tours. No wonder this guy has constant circles under his eye. Hypocrisy is really the only band that has really connected with me. I love other bands, but Hypocrisy is special to me. Plus he is the metal Christopher Walken.

Jeff Walker

I love his vocals. It feels like he is spitting hate on you when he's singing. Plus he had to sift through the medical dictionaries to get all those lyrics :tickled:

Michael Amott

There is just one thing to say to his playing :worship: :worship: :worship: I'm not a shredding fan so I really like his solos.

Dave Lombardo

Other guys are faster and more technical, but as Carcassian said, no one makes me go "Goddamm he's good" as much as Lombardo.

Jeff Hanneman

For writing the riff to Raining Blood and Dead Skin Mask

Crimson Velvet said:
Quorthon

He just seemed like such a down to earth, honest kind of guy... And "Blood Fire Death" was the first black metal album I heard (I think, it's a long time ago), even though I didn't recognize its greatness until a few years later...

yes.

You fuckers stole my first 2: Tony Iommi and Ihshan

#3 goes to Devin Townsend. The dude is practically the same age as me (maybe a couple years older), and he has accomplished more in his career than say most rock/metal musicians that have been around since the early 1970's. I wouldn't regard him as a lyrical genius, but his lyrics are down to earth and easy to identify with. You know how he felt when he wrote a song because chances are you've felt the same way. His guitar playing is incredible. I consider him an equal with his mentor, Steve Vai. Also, I think he is one of the most gifted vocalists in metal. Mark my words: 20 years from now, people will look back on his body of work and say "This guy was a fucking prodigy!"

_41324187_mercury.jpg

Plaah what could i say.

Lemmy: He is the fuking man. Maybi most ugly guy in metal.
And what a great singer and bass.

Blackmoore: Hmm I just like he´s guitar works.
I don´t have any bad album he has made.

Blackie Lawless: He is the man number 2.

3 hero's eh?

o.k. Ozzy Osbourne because he is cool and Black Sabbath was the ultimate metal band

Chris Barnes because he is still going strong and puts out Extremely cool Death Metal vox.

and finally Dan Lilker bacause he can do alot of different types of metal and has been in some really great bands

1 - Lemmy Kilmister, it's just his perseverance that makes him the choice for me. Who else is planning to carry on playing until he drops dead or physically can't handle it?

2 - Ozzy Osbourne, true legend and an incredible vocalist. One of the only people to have a highly succesful career in a band and then go on to have a succesful solo career and be a household name!

3 - Bruce Dickinson, often voted the best vocalist in metal and is of course the lead singer of Iron Maiden one of the most succesful bands of our time. He also has a succesful solo career and shows no sign of stopping.

uuuu, tough topic.
I think that if Bruce Dickinson would pass away, it would be a big blow to me. Maiden was one of the first band's that i ever liked and saw live, not really a deep reason but still.

Mick Thomson from Slipknot, he is the reason that i started playing guitar.

Åkerfeldt is such a good guitar player and singer, Blackwater Park and Damnation are truly great albums.