Your Hero in metal...

Halford is a great singer. It's still funny the metal god is gay. Out of anyone who could have been the metal god the person is a homosexual.

Plus the genre has powermetal.

And people have no idea that he was gay. NO IDEA.
Halford.jpg

GOD DAM

But so what...

KK Warslut for sure. The man is an inspiration - ugly as sin, perpetually drunk as a cunt and he proves beyond all doubt that superior guitar skills are not what makes good music.

Décadent said:
KK Warslut for sure. The man is an inspiration - ugly as sin, perpetually drunk as a cunt and he proves beyond all doubt that superior guitar skills are not what makes good music.

Definetely, his riffs are godly.

Some more to add:

Flo Mounier (Cryptopsy)
To think Cryptopsy would ever have to play without this guy would pretty much spell the end of the band. Even the most technical drumming is usually comprehendable as to what is going on, but Flo is well beyond this. There are so many points when thinking the drumming that is being played by an actual drummer is obscene, yet it is so rhythmic and all over the place that it cant sound like a machine. One of the very few who can be considered a real drum virtuoso.

Mirai (Sigh):

The biggest reason Sigh is so easily distinguished from other bands lumped in the same sub-genre(s). Has to be the greatest metal keyboardist of all time. A true master easily told by his use of many keyboards/pianos/synthesizers....so fluently in single albums, even single songs. Also one of the few keyboardists that can make a keyboard solo interesting and distinguishable from others (Bodom's keyboardist must play the same solo in many songs). His vocals especially on the latest album are really well done and give Sigh another dimension.

More later maybe.

Peter Tägtgren all the way... not only for his extraordinary work in HYPOCRISY, he does it well in everything... he also created the best studio in Sweden (The Abyss)

Unfortunately he's too fulfilled by side projects right now, he would do it better dedicating exclusively to HYPOCRISY that IMO is going downhill since their self-titled masterpiece.

Max Cavalera - Yes, Soulfly is weak but nothing touches earlier Sepultura's work.

Quorthon - I respect Bathory heavily.

Mine have already been picked by others
Blackie Lawless at the top
Lemmy
Dee Snider (not picked before)

they were my idols as a youth and to this day I still hold a lot of respect for them all - all 3 worked long and hard at rock n roll before they reached success

In my later years, I found Dan Swano and Peter Tägtgren equally impressed me.

Other notables - Cronos, Quorthorn, Mille, Angelripper, Amott, Dickinson, Dio, Lilker, David Parland aka Blackmoon, Mustaine, Fred Etsby.

How the hell did I forget,but a 4th must be added to my list

G.G.Allin!!

(not really metal,more like mental,but kick-ass nonetheless)