Your latest G.A.S. purchases

no man... I am deployed to iraq. The internet is so slow that if I did want to pirate the shit off of a torrent it would take me my full deployment (18months) to down load a gig of shit. The iraqis have these shops on the bases over here were they sell stuff like that. It's not like I will be able to take it back to the states with me because customs takes it form you, and now they are checking for pirated software and shit to. So either way I will have to buy the programs, if i liked them as it is. I would consider them to be more of a demo thing, since in fact those programs that I got from the Iraqis suck ass.

we still dont condone piracy no matter what the suituation is - its an epic fail on the industry you play in and support (music)

IK Multimedia for example is an Italian company - so whatever about pirating your own countries work (USA) dont do it to a company from another country / continent

your at war, im broke as fuck, someones dog died - piracy is piracy at the end of the day. its not difficult to sneak a cd out of a country or re-burn it along side other files.

If everyone says "ill just use it for personal use" or "im just trialing it" then we simply wouldn't have IK multimedia because they would say fuck it.. whats the point if we're gona get robbed left right and centre. you may feel your not going to exploit the company but others will because human beings are selfish beings

again: we dont condone piracy

sorry if thats rough but thats the way it is. i dont want to see the industry i play in and live in to be destroyed because of cheapo's

I just purchased an Ibanez S470 body, and an Ibanez S530E neck, 2 humbuckers and a single coil.... for $50!
Only thing that's wrong with it, is that there is a small cavity in the top of the neck.

I also am waiting on my Krk Rokit 6 Generation 2 Limited Edition Red Studio Monitors, Steven Slate 3.5 Platinum, Drumagog Pro, Tascam Subwoofer, Livewire DI Box, and a Midi cable to top it off.

This month is gonna be a goooooood month :D

i should take some pics of that s-series im building.

we still dont condone piracy no matter what the suituation is - its an epic fail on the industry you play in and support (music)

your at war, im broke as fuck, someones dog died - piracy is piracy at the end of the day. its not difficult to sneak a cd out of a country or re-burn it along side other files.

If everyone says "ill just use it for personal use" or "im just trialing it" then we simply wouldn't have IK multimedia because they would say fuck it.. whats the point if we're gona get robbed left right and centre. you may feel your not going to exploit the company but others will because human beings are selfish beings

again: we dont condone piracy

sorry if thats rough but thats the way it is. i dont want to see the industry i play in and live in to be destroyed because of cheapo's

All hail the voice of the sneap forum :zombie:
The guy is operating in a different world to us. He can't receive mail and he has terrible internet, he couldn't get the shit by paying for it even if he wanted to. By the sounds of things he's not a cheapo (look at the list of other things he's bought), he'll almost certainly buy himself his software when he can! I agree piracy is bad, but just chill and stop judging.

My new purchase:
27531_l.jpg

So - as I've mentioned before, I've been interested in getting a Tele for quite some time - I really want a Road Worn Blonde Tele, but I'll wait till Tax Returns for that, but I've read so many good reviews both user and press about the Classic Vibe series from Squier that for the small cash investment it was a bit of a "no-brainer" for me. If your interested in a great sounding, inexpensive starting point into the twang world of Telecasters I don't think you could find a better entry point.

So - it finally arrived yesterday and I absolutely love it. It's based on Leo Fender's original idea for a "working man's" guitar - a chunk or pine with basic features that sounded great.

Specifications:

* Body: Pine
* Finish: Polyester
* Neck: 1-Piece Maple, Modern "C" Shape with vintage tint
* Fingerboard: Maple, 9-1/2" (241mm)
* Frets: 21, medium-jumbo
* Scale Length: 25-1/2" (648mm)
* Nut Width: 1.65" (42mm)
* Hardware: Chrome
* Tuning Keys: Vintage-style tuning machines
* Bridge: Vintage-style Tele bridge plate w/brass barrel saddles
* Pickguard: 1-ply black
* Neck pickup: Custom Telecaster pickup (AlNiCo III)
* Bridge pickup: Custom Telecaster pickup (AlNiCo III)
* Pickup switching: 3-Position Blade
* Controls: Volume, Tone

SquierClassicVibeTelecaster007_sm.jpg

SquierClassicVibeTelecaster006_sm.jpg

SquierClassicVibeTelecaster003_sm.jpg

SquierClassicVibeTelecaster011_sm.jpg

Wow, never thought anyone would make a guitar out of pine! Wonder what its tonal properties are (not very bright I'd imagine, considering its softness)

Wow, never thought anyone would make a guitar out of pine! Wonder what its tonal properties are (not very bright I'd imagine, considering its softness)

The first Esquires (aka Pre-Teles) were actually made out of pine. Not a bad tonewood, but after Leo shipped out the first bunch he got some complaints because the pine was simply too soft, so when people accidentally dropped their guitars they had huge chunks of wood breaking out, basically ruining the body beyond reasonable repair.

And since Leo intended the Tele to be a "working man's guitar", he soon switched to ash, later alder. The rest is history.

The myth also says they just took pine because they had it in stock from building their cabinets. And yeah, the wood on the first pine esquires is identically to the cabinets' wood of that time.

If you want to read a good article on Pine - see this one over at Telcaster.com (a great community for Tele lovers - one of the best guitar sites I've been to.)

http://www.tdpri.com/2009/07/07/pros-and-cons-of-pine-2/

You might think that all pine is pretty light with it being such a soft wood - some are, but these Classic Vibe Teles seem to run about 8.5lbs which while lighter than some, is not that light. While soft - it's very dense an as Bill Lawrence says it "propagates sound waves very well".

Check out this Pine "MOJO BARNCASTER" by guitar manufacturer Rebelrelic.com - he made several guitars from 200 year old pine barn wood.

RR_T_PINE_BLONDE_A.jpg

Ibanez TS-808. The ® version from the early 80s

web.jpg

As soon as I get the studio functional again I'll do some shootouts between the different Tube Screamers I have:

Maxon OD 808
Maxon OD 820
Maxon OD9
Ibanez TS9
Ibanez TS9 Analogman Silver Mod
Ibanez TS-808 ® early 80s

Not exactly audio related but got this for christmas:

hp-mini-311.jpg

Intel Atom N270, 3gb ram, 160gb HDD, Nvidia ION, 11.6"

Pretty powerfull for a Netbook I may say, pretty cool for editing on the go or at home, loving watchind HD movies in it as well ^^