Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Running it prior to the comp avoids the aforementioned pump-a-mania. So you get transparent leveling AND the character from the compressor, then you proceed to automate the movement back in normally as you would via your DAW channel fader/automation strip.

Yeah this would be the way to do it. I have only used it on one song, but I don't have that much experience with it yet. I don't actually have the license for it yet (I bought it from eBay), so I am using the demo license :lol:.

I have been using it before everything else in the vocal effects line. I wanted it before the compression as all I was able to achieve with the compressor was lots of slamming and then normal sounds. So...I tried to have less compression in order to make it sound less squished but still level. It worked alright but I am gonna have to take more time to learn how to use it (properly).

EDIT: Waves do actually say somewhere (I think it was in the manual) to put Vocal Rider AFTER everything in your effects chain - but I saw this as pretty stupid if you are using effects like delay and reverb.

Glyph 1TB hard drive.

DSC_0066.jpg

I also just scored the fallowing:

419560.jpg

I got this for part payment for some recording, it took some getting used to before I found anything I might use.
595037.jpg

thats a great delay pedal bro, ive had mine for a couple years now, the backwards sounds are some of the best and the looping is pretty awesome. My favorite thing to do is set up self occilating detune effects. good shit.

This finally arrived today
kuva0146.jpg

Its just fucking awesome. With the locking tuners, it stays in tune very well :Smokin:

Very nice. I've been going through such a "classic" sound vibe lately it is influencing all my GAS. I recently bought a project strat that I've ordered a bunch of upgrades for.

Next in line is a Telecaster - but even though I'm GASing for one of the Road Worn (simply because the are beautiful looking), I will probably end up with a Highway One version. The Highway One versions get generally great ratings in reviews - but then again one of the hottest of the Telecaster lines of the past several years is the new Squier Classic Vibe Tele. Over at the Telecaster forums these things are raved about - comments like "the real 50's reissue", "the best Tele in years", "best Tele bang for the buck" have got me thinking about one of these as well. I like the idea of project guitars and the the fact that the Squier Classic Vibe is so original in it's retro feeling - right down to the original pine body in vintage Blonde finish with maple neck - it just oozes retro vibe (I guess thats why they call it "Classic Vibe".

I'm not one to worry about the name on the headstock - hell my strat project is a Douglas base - I base it around the information I can find out there and from trying before buying when I can. I've played each of these several times, the Road Worn the most recently.

Damn - too many choices:

Road Worn:
road_worn_tele.jpg

Highway One:
41639_l.jpg

Squier Classic Vibe:
squier-tele-close-460-80.jpg

Back to your guitar - very nice choice. I'm sure you will get some use out of it.

Dude, these Classic Vibe Squiers are really, really nice. I've got one on the radar too. And a Baja Tele in Lake Placid Blue... or maybe another selfbuild.

metal.jpg

Just ordered this. I don't think I want any of the other kits now. Should be done downloading by next year :D

It's the Metal Pack

Very nice. I've been going through such a "classic" sound vibe lately it is influencing all my GAS. I recently bought a project strat that I've ordered a bunch of upgrades for.

Next in line is a Telecaster - but even though I'm GASing for one of the Road Worn (simply because the are beautiful looking), I will probably end up with a Highway One version. The Highway One versions get generally great ratings in reviews - but then again one of the hottest of the Telecaster lines of the past several years is the new Squier Classic Vibe Tele. Over at the Telecaster forums these things are raved about - comments like "the real 50's reissue", "the best Tele in years", "best Tele bang for the buck" have got me thinking about one of these as well. I like the idea of project guitars and the the fact that the Squier Classic Vibe is so original in it's retro feeling - right down to the original pine body in vintage Blonde finish with maple neck - it just oozes retro vibe (I guess thats why they call it "Classic Vibe".

I'm not one to worry about the name on the headstock - hell my strat project is a Douglas base - I base it around the information I can find out there and from trying before buying when I can. I've played each of these several times, the Road Worn the most recently.

Damn - too many choices:

Road Worn:

Highway One:
Squier Classic Vibe:

Dude, all of those teles look great. They all seem to have the 3-piece intonation saddles though. Never tried a guitar with those, but I think they can be a problem with thicker strings?

Out of those my choice would also be highway one, but with 3ts and maple fingerboard *drool*

Back to your guitar - very nice choice. I'm sure you will get some use out of it.

For a while I was undecided whether to buy american std or deluxe. I'm glad that i chose the deluxe. The noiseless pickups really are noiseless (more quiet than my humbucker equipped guitars wtf?) and the additional different tone possibilities with S-1 are very nice!

I broke down and decided to get a Squier Classic Vibe 50's Telecaster (my step-son gave me a gift card for Christmas that was burning a hole in my pocket) and while I'm still planing on getting a Fender Road Worn Tele as well (perhaps after Tax returns), I've read too many good things about the Classic Vibe to pass it up. Head on over to the Telecaster.com and do a little research. for a community that is dedicated to the best of the best Telecasters, it is a well received instrument even among the hardened Fender crowd. I've played one on a few occasions now and liked what I heard.

I'll post some of my own images once I get it (I always tend to order things around holidays when it is going to take several extra days to get it.)

Squire_Telecaster_Classic_Vibe.jpg

I like these youtube videos as well - the Tele sounds nice through that little Fender Champ 600 (especially the one with the Mercury Magnetics transformer upgrade.) I may have to look to invest in one of those - seems like it would be a nice little recording amp for that type of sound. it's a 5 watt tube amp - all for $149.00 - the Mercury Magnetics update is another $250.00 but man does it sound nice.

and this one (not Tele related, but damn does that little Champ 600 sound nice with the Mercury Magnetics updates):

Last edited by a moderator: