Your latest G.A.S. purchases

just picked up an eventide eclipse and a tc 2290.

everytime i get a new piece of outboard gear it makes me look at my ilok and wonder if it wasn't for the ease of having multiple plug ins on channels i would throw it in the garbage.

some plug ins are really useful mainly with workflow and sound pretty cool nothing beats a great hardware unit.

TC 2290 = DROOLLLLLLLLLLLL

let me know how you get on with it!

na, don't put an emg in that bass, it's not a metal bass at all and the stock pickups, or pickups
like the stock pickup just fit these things, they rock as hell, believe me, played my uncle's sg
bass pretty often and it's just cool. It's just not build for metal.

na, don't put an emg in that bass, it's not a metal bass at all and the stock pickups, or pickups
like the stock pickup just fit these things, they rock as hell, believe me, played my uncle's sg
bass pretty often and it's just cool. It's just not build for metal.

thanks for suggestion StefTD, I'll leave it as is :)

TC 2290 = DROOLLLLLLLLLLLL

let me know how you get on with it!

well it took me several hours to figure out how to use it haha. it's like the center console of the delorean.

so far so good. it sounds amazing on guitar and even more amazing on lead vocals. the stereo delay is super tight and really sticks and stays tight and has a very nice sound. fwiw i like it more than my lexicon pcm delays on most things. the tc is heavier and "glue"ish if that makes sense. the lexincon delays are a bit more airy. so differnt applications i suppose. the chorus on this thing sounds fantastic also for that david gilmourey thing.

my favorite delay before was the echo boy plug and its still pretty good but not even close to sounding as rich or dense. i will still use the plug in a lot on multiple sources but the most "up front" aspect of a mix will get consistent treatment from the tc.

took ermins advice... if it's not good enough I'll come down and slap your aussie ass...

Audio-Technica-ATH-M50.jpg

well it took me several hours to figure out how to use it haha. it's like the center console of the delorean.

so far so good. it sounds amazing on guitar and even more amazing on lead vocals. the stereo delay is super tight and really sticks and stays tight and has a very nice sound. fwiw i like it more than my lexicon pcm delays on most things. the tc is heavier and "glue"ish if that makes sense. the lexincon delays are a bit more airy. so differnt applications i suppose. the chorus on this thing sounds fantastic also for that david gilmourey thing.

my favorite delay before was the echo boy plug and its still pretty good but not even close to sounding as rich or dense. i will still use the plug in a lot on multiple sources but the most "up front" aspect of a mix will get consistent treatment from the tc.

Nice man, I'm jealous!!
Now give you a favor and look for a Roland sdd3000, a pcm 41 and a pcm 42 delay;) Eatch one have his own character and can be find for cheap (except pcm 42:lol:).

Curious about this one, everytime I look at the video I'm like... "No no"... Then after a few month I look at it again, thinking "Mmmh it should be good", and then... "No no"... etc.

i tried it on a few of my songs in the last 2 weeks, and i really liked how it worked below the lead vocals (female) and as additional delay below lead/solo guitars, it adds a nice organic texture.

and it also has the possibility to create many strange kind of sounds.. but i havnt brought those into a song yet..lol.

currently they have an 20% off on chorus and reverbs, but today is the last day

I've heard ridiculous amounts of hype about these ones. How do you like them?

First impressions:Imaging and detail is pretty incredible... They are definitely bright, but I haven't mixed with them yet so not sure if they are fatiguing or not.
The lower mids and upper bass is very tight and 'real' sounding, however they are small so you won't 'feel' the lows without a sub (which I have on hand). Need some more time to get used to them and try a mix but they are impressive!

Mikaël-ange;10055277 said:
Nice man, I'm jealous!!
Now give you a favor and look for a Roland sdd3000, a pcm 41 and a pcm 42 delay;) Eatch one have his own character and can be find for cheap (except pcm 42:lol:).

hey man have a 41 and sounds sweet. 42 is def on my hit list soon though.

i referred to it in my previous post as far as how it's complimentary to the 2290. the 41 has a very airy and crispy and hairy and "smacky" delay whereas the 2290 is more glued to the source, lush, more creamy and thick and bit more earthy. def much darker than the lexicon. but they are good as tools being complimentary in character.

Sorry for my misunderstood, I thinked you had a pcm 81 or 90 when referencing as lexicon.
Now I more jealous than ever:lol: