Your latest G.A.S. purchases

pd410d1a.jpg

35$, too cheap/convenient to pass up. Now I can organize my fatass Mesa pedal, tuner, and TS without any problems.

The fact that it was by far the most mix-friendly recorded tone Ola achieved out of any amp he's tested so far, to my knowledge. Also heard its character supported by some random clips I've heard around the place. Hearing Behemoth may have used it among the legion of amps on 'Demigod' helped too. All clips and impressions point to a sound like a pre-blended Recto & Marshall.

If it's anything like an Uberschall, I will probably sell it immediately :lol:

The fact that it was by far the most mix-friendly recorded tone Ola achieved out of any amp he's tested so far, to my knowledge. Also heard its character supported by some random clips I've heard around the place. Hearing Behemoth may have used it among the legion of amps on 'Demigod' helped too. All clips and impressions point to a sound like a pre-blended Recto & Marshall.

If it sounds anything like the Uber... BURN IT! :p It's too thrash for Uber style. Annihilator uses it right? Guaranteed to not sound like an Uber lol!

A 1972 Fender P Bass. Just amazing - worth every penny.

An early 90s Mesa Boogie 4x10. Unreal cabinet.

photo.jpg

Here's my setup now

He sound more like a recti5150 imho:lol:

no worries mate, it's nothing like the Über ;)
the Hector is a nice sounding amp, no doubt about that, I just had the problem that it never won a blind test, cause there's something in the mids that just annoed me all the time...
like some bloated honky wooliness....but not like a MArshall honk or, really more like a wide Q mid band bump somewhere in the lower to mid mids.
but who knows, perjaps it's just the amp for you.

ALSO: it's been like 3-4 years since I tried one, and my taste changed since then, so I'm not even sure how correct my memory is

no worries mate, it's nothing like the Über ;)
the Hector is a nice sounding amp, no doubt about that, I just had the problem that it never won a blind test, cause there's something in the mids that just annoed me all the time...
like some bloated honky wooliness....but not like a MArshall honk or, really more like a wide Q mid band bump somewhere in the lower to mid mids.
but who knows, perjaps it's just the amp for you.

ALSO: it's been like 3-4 years since I tried one, and my taste changed since then, so I'm not even sure how correct my memory is

Cool man, well I appreciate that insight. I'm keen to give it a fair shot and see how it comes up. My mixes usually seem to come out with some kind of woolyness in the mids of the guitars, because I like taking out so many high mids for the vocals to sit nicely. Maybe if the Hector inherently wants to sit in those lower mids, my mixing life will be easier.

Anyway, this bad boy just arrived, and I got a bit snap happy:

Denon-AH-D2000.jpg

$130 a year seems exagerated ! But I like the idea.

I don't get it though. If the plugged device is not using electricity, then what is the difference ? Is there a threshold to detect if a tv is in sleep mode or something like that ?

Just tried it out... Faaaarking impressed.

@caneris - works pretty much as expected! I have my PC in the master slot. I turn off the PC and my 4 bits of studio gear turn off (Mic Preamp, PSA-1, Verb unit).

@lesedna - it's a master slave, so master goes off, the rest go off. And YES, my PC still has power to the USB hubs. But the board detects it as OFF. so, my gear turns off in the SLAVE ports.

There goes my worry about forgetting my gear on when I leave the house :D

Ps. It's totally exaggerated, but that's not why I bought it.