Your latest G.A.S. purchases

- RME ADI 8/S (= ADI-8 DS with an anniversary faceplate)
- a second Distressor, finally :Smokin:
distressor.jpg

Both have yet to arrive, though :bah:

Taking a shit just got WAY more fun.

apple-ipad-mini-black.jpg

This little machine is just a blessing, I thought the iPad was already good for me and my job (constraint of space, and thousands of pages of manual i daily use or revise) but the mini is even better for me because it's so little it fits anywhere in my bag or in any space in the cockpit where i usually put a phone or some pen. When the screen will be retina it's gonna be perfect for me

I was doing sound for a band and the drummer had a metalworks snare. It was a 14 by 5.5 and sounded excellent. One of the best sounding snares I've heard.

I was doing sound for a band and the drummer had a metalworks snare. It was a 14 by 5.5 and sounded excellent. One of the best sounding snares I've heard.

I have the 14x5.5 too.
Use it all the time so the 14x4 will be a great option.
Great value snares.
This one cost me €140 brand new.

^ Those RG's are so awesome! Is that one of the newer re-issues or is that an original 90's one?

It's the reissue - RG465m

Saw one of these in blue in the local guitar shop...

Fell in love with it straight away and I haven't even played it...

How is it??

Here's the thing; I only bought it for the hardware to put on my XPT700 (identical hardware, but chrome. Black guitars with chrome hardware look cheap. Black guitars with black hardware look fucking boss).

The idea was to swap the hardware over, sell it on, job done. But I can't do it. I just can't sell it. It plays like fucking butter, has awesome tone, and looks cool as shit.

Seems like there is not much love for the vintage german broadcasting modules around here (which I don't get), but I got a Siemens v276
375659_570837066290002_149386931_n.jpg

I absolutely love the things, but most guys around here won't be privy to how cool they are because they're just not common in general, let alone in metal production. Are you wiring these up yourself to be mounted in a rack, or do they have some kind of 500-style universal chassis? How much are you snagging the modules for, anyways?

I absolutely love the things, but most guys around here won't be privy to how cool they are because they're just not common in general, let alone in metal production. Are you wiring these up yourself to be mounted in a rack, or do they have some kind of 500-style universal chassis? How much are you snagging the modules for, anyways?

Got this one for 250€.
The Neumann v476 for 225€ and the Telefunken v672 for 150€

Yes I wire them up myself. Bought some 19" 3U frame to put them in.
The Neumann v476 were quite easy to wire up. It's only input, output and power supply.
The Siemens from this picture also need some bridges additionally.
And the Telefunken v672 were pretty complex since you can use them for a lot of different things depending on how you wire them.

Got this one for 250€.
The Neumann v476 for 225€ and the Telefunken v672 for 150€

Yes I wire them up myself. Bought some 19" 3U frame to put them in.
The Neumann v476 were quite easy to wire up. It's only input, output and power supply.
The Siemens from this picture also need some bridges additionally.
And the Telefunken v672 were pretty complex since you can use them for a lot of different things depending on how you wire them.

And thank you for wiring my V672 :)