Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Thanks Jeff. I thought I'd go for something with some beef to it. I have an SX Precision that has a USA Fender pickup in it and I really like how it sounds, so this will be an excellent choice for my Jazz. Should be a good studio bass once I've got it setup. Already has a Badass II bridge on it!

Latest purchases include:

20kw4nq.gif

2ci7gk9.png

1zy8zll.jpg

2cz4zt3.jpg

Thanks Jeff. I thought I'd go for something with some beef to it. I have an SX Precision that has a USA Fender pickup in it and I really like how it sounds, so this will be an excellent choice for my Jazz. Should be a good studio bass once I've got it setup. Already has a Badass II bridge on it!

How would you rate the pickups for more punk/rock kind of stuff?

How would you rate the pickups for more punk/rock kind of stuff?

I'll let you know when they arrive man. Only ordered them the other day. Bass body is also away getting routed out. Should hopefully have an answer by the end of next week. I'd go with what Jeff is saying about the Quarter Pound pickup, not sure about the Hot Stack, I needed something with enough power to match the QP and it had to be(for me anyway) stacked to avoid hum.

2013-10-01%2021.20.43.jpg

1374753_10202067145301095_147719925_n.jpg

Picked both of these up lately. The tenor sax about 2 months ago and the Yamaha desk a few days ago! Got both for pretty cheap. The sax was second hand and cost me 100€ and came with a nice old case stand, extra mouthpieces and few other bits.

The desk seems in pretty good working order. 1 mic pre is bust but everything else works well. Best I can tell it's a Yamaha rm804 from the 70's. I've to get more cables for it as most of the outputs on it are phono. I plan on using it for mic pres. It has direct outs, which is lucky cause it's a very quirky mixer. Almost nothing on it is standard by today's terms.
Added bonus that it looks awesome, already had a few people in to record since I got it and ALL of them commented on it! Cost me 120€

Ended up buying two:
551721DSCF1122small.jpg

I just need to figure out how to wire an Amphenol To XLR cable to test the 545d and how to remove that disgusting cigarette smell from them.
The 565d is working and sounding great. Pretty fascinating piece of history.

EDIT:
quick clip of the 565d (the one at the bottom) versus SM57.
Not as meaty as the 57 obviously but still largely usable, especially for a 40 year old mic.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2973685/565d vs SM57.rar

EDIT2:
The 545d sounds like a complete different mic (shit).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2973685/565d vs SM57 vs 545d.rar

Got a free sm58 today from a friend I haven't seen in a year. He lives in South Korea and was walking down the road when he found it on the ground. Brought it back to Ireland and gave it to me.

Tested it and it works. It's actually in great condition too!

Got a free sm58 today from a friend I haven't seen in a year. He lives in South Korea and was walking down the road when he found it on the ground. Brought it back to Ireland and gave it to me.

Tested it and it works. It's actually in great condition too!

NICE. one day I found out my dad had an old sm58 lying around...

my reaction - "uhhh this is mine now"

a few weeks later, he tells me he has ANOTHER one. he thought it was broken and therefore was a lost cause haha, but it needed a minor repair which didnt take me very long. win!