Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Yup, exactly my thinking. I have nothing to fill it with yet, but I'm planning that just now. Thinking of picking up two of the SoundSkulptor 1073 kits, it's that or two of the GAP73's and then the SoundSkulptors afters Xmas.

full_BMC-2.jpg

vk_rack_500_with_rack_ears_front.jpg

imgextphp.jpg

WarmAudioToneBeast.jpg

Please... Post your opinions on this >=)

I like it but I wouldn't use it on my current project because they are not properly translated because of the new pre filter slope option and there are a few bugs like meters acting erratically in some plugins.

My advice would be to wait for a first maintenance release.

EDIT: scratch that, I restarted my computer and it seems to run smoothly now.

Also

6893470_800.jpg

Its definitely loud, I let it rip when I was demoing it at the store but I haven't given it the band practice challenge. I'll let you know when I do but my suspicion is that it would be loud enough for some situations but not all.

Must.stop.spending

A pair of Classic API VP26 preamps. The kits, will build them in the new year I imagine.
mw-analog-assembled-pair-classic-api-vp26-500-series-preamp.jpg

^^^^ LOVE those things.

Read about a lot on Gearslutz last night and decided these were for me. Supposed to be awesome. Had planned a couple of Neve type preamps, but everything I read about these seemed great. Plus, they were £250 cheaper than the pair of Neve style preamps I was looking at.

those are awesome!
i also build two vp28 and the 550 eq and all sound gorgeous!
DIY ftw

Should be here in the next few days. If these are good, I'll likely buy another pair and then something Neve flavoured.

I've built a few bits of DIY kit. Bo Hansen DI, Hairball 1176 and a reamp box. Been thinking about doing a U47 clone.