Your latest G.A.S. purchases

No worries dude, I've already got a buyer.

Congrats on the house. Are you going to be living alone?

Ah, good to hear. Depending on what happens with my parents situation (if they want to sell then build, whatever..) I may put them up for afew months, or I could have my mate Rob move in. You interested in getting out?
My Dad isn't building this one for me, so it's not going to be ready for quite a while unfortunately.

Ah right. Are you getting a fairly decent place built, by some reputable builders? I really hope it works out well for you. Is it still round the Point Cook area?

And yeah the one thing running through my head constantly for the last 2 years has been an exit strategy from here. I don't want to commit to buying a place because I don't want to live in Australia all my life. The idea was to move out with Joao, but he's been a bit lateral with his decisions and commitments lately. I need a place that can accommodate a decent mixing room, that's about the only requirement. Space for a project studio would be ideal.

Haha!
The place will be 5 mins from here, in Truganina, near Hoppers Crossing. I do have a rumpus which I'm allocating as "the study/ music area/ studio" due to it's size, though I don't really know how many studios will fit into it, unless you're up for some gear sharing to create the one to rule them all?
I'm sure I'll let you know when it's done (Nov 2010 at this stage. Damn volume builders) we can talk more about it then.

Cool. Well I wish you the best of luck with it. Hopefully no major delays or messing around with the builders. The one thing about a shared studio type room is that im usually tracking or mixing for around 8 hours a day, so I'd more or less need a space entirely dedicated to work, which would probably not work too well for someone hoping to share it.

Anyway, we should probably let these folks have their gear thread back...

Haha, I'm sure afew hundred grand is worth afew posts around here :p
Anyway, I'll keep you in mind when it's nearing completion and I'll call you if there is room for it all. If not anything else, I'll be expecting you at the house warming!

Just ordered a second profire 2626 and a behringer ada8000 (for the triggers)...

I'm going to eat some pastas for a while.

Portable recording unit phase II

sdc10494u.jpg

Still waiting for the ada8000 and the digital cables.

:)

2 of them?? you greedy b*****d :lol:

just sold my motu and am gnna pull the plug in the next week or so on one of those art pres, most probs the replacement for the mpa gold, the pro mpa II

Once you get more than 8 simultaneous inputs, there's no turning back...:p
24 ins will be perfect.:heh:
And yes, I saw the new pro mpa II.
Looks pretty much the same with a MS matrix on top of that...

Burny, what are you doing with the FirePod? The 2626 has two ADAT inputs so I understand the 2nd 2626 and the ADA8000 (I run 8Pre/ADA8000 right now, the Beh ROCKS for trig use). But I'm not seeing how the FirePod comes into play unless you are on a Mac which lets you create one big audio device from two (or more) FireWire interfaces by creating an aggregate device. Just curious is all :)

Oh and I really want a 2626, having 24 inputs again would be nice.

Burny, what are you doing with the FirePod? The 2626 has two ADAT inputs so I understand the 2nd 2626 and the ADA8000 (I run 8Pre/ADA8000 right now, the Beh ROCKS for trig use). But I'm not seeing how the FirePod comes into play unless you are on a Mac which lets you create one big audio device from two (or more) FireWire interfaces by creating an aggregate device. Just curious is all :)

Oh and I really want a 2626, having 24 inputs again would be nice.

Well, I don't use it anymore. Haha. I just need to unmount it. I could use it as a 2 channels "not too crappy" pre (with the pre 1-2 direct out going into the ada8000) but
I will probably sell it or give it to my younger brother.