Your latest G.A.S. purchases

burny, whatya think of the art mpa gold? its on the list for next purchases, as im currently using motu pres and digi pres so this thing looks a like a step up from those little presonus tube pres etc!

Well,
mine was unusable with the stock tubes. I thought my unit was faulty until I changed them.
Now it sounds ok, a tad noisy but ok, the input impedance control is really cool, the Hi-z input is decent but not as good as my countryman.
I always use the High plate voltage mode, the other mode isn kinda dirty.

you say its better than someting like those presonus tube pres? not really fussed on the HI-z input unless its better better than my Samson DI box, which does an ok job.

I can't say it since I never used those presonus tube pres. At least It's not the same design.

I can't say it since I never used those presonus tube pres. At least It's not the same design.

cheers anyway dude, oh ive just realised what you have in the rack, which pres do you prefer outta the three units (if youve had chance to use the profire), the one from ur interface's or the art? soz 4 the questions as im just convincing myself as what to buy next :)

cheers anyway dude, oh ive just realised what you have in the rack, which pres do you prefer outta the three units (if youve had chance to use the profire), the one from ur interface's or the art? soz 4 the questions as im just convincing myself as what to buy next :)
I haven't tried the profire's pres yet but I always prefered the MPA over the Firepod's pres.

M+AUDIO+PROFIRE+2626.JPG

you say its better than someting like those presonus tube pres? not really fussed on the HI-z input unless its better better than my Samson DI box, which does an ok job.

It's definitly better. One of the best pres you can get for under 250$ a channel. It's a real tube design (read: High Voltage), the Presonus is a starved plate design. so basically it's there for marketing and so you can look and go "Kool Toob".

GAS.jpg

AKG.jpg

Aguilar ToneHammer, Bass Preamp + Di Box
AKG C-451B Microphone
SE Electronics SE1A Microphone
K&M Stand
K&M Stereo Bar
2x Shockmount Mic Holder
and a few string-sets

Nothing special, but I recently purchased an Ibanez ART300 while Ibanez was offering a free hard shell case with it's purchases. I bought one in the black scalloped maple finish which I really like much more than I thought I would - I debated between the green and the black finish, finally settling on black.

Don't mind the sucky Blackberry camera pictures - can't find my digital camera :mad:

art_case.jpg

guitar_case.jpg

For the price, it is a great guitar - I wanted a fixed bridge guitar in a more clasic Les Paul body shape to supplement my other Ibanez RG series and for a small cash investment it has pretty good specifications - mahogany body, maple cap, set neck, Gibraltar bridge, and the new Ibanez LoZ active pickups.

I originally thought I would immediately replace the LoZs with something else, but now having played them, more than just in the store, I find I actually like them quite a bit. They have a nice full sound while also providing the tightness I expected from actives (they are a bit different from other actives in that they run off of 2xAA batteries instead). Perhaps eventually I will feel the need to replace them, but for now they fit the bill fine and dandy.

I also picked up an extra MXL990 with case and shock mount for a modest $35.00 on ebay - the price was right and I thought another Condenser could always be put to use.

MXL990.jpg

Nothing outrageous, but worth posting. Hmmmm - now what to purchase next. Really thinking about a Peavey Windsor, but unsure I want to purchase a head right now - was thinking about the 20 watt Windsor Studio version. anyone had any experience with it as a recording amp?