Your latest G.A.S. purchases

peavey.jpg

200 euros used. I've always loved these tiny buggers. Great cleans and bluesy crunch.[/IMG]

Ah, my first proper amp was one of these. I had it modded and it was really good after that. They installed something to the back to stop the tubes from resonating and tweaked the eq circuitry, plus added a bias trim to the back panel. I also took the logo off to make it look prettier :lol:

The speaker in it I was not that sold on though, and eventually instead of changing it I ended up changing amps.

Bought a bunch of plugins (Decapitator, Air EQ, the (buggy yet awesome) VMR, Tube Tech CL1b...), a used Mapex M Birch drumkit (8", 10", 12", 14", 16", 22") and these guys (used as well):

AKG C214 matched pair
23i84uu.jpg

Cascade Fathead II matched pair w/Lundhal transfo
35knc5w.jpg

Audio Technica ATM450 x2
20ppip.jpg

Heil Sound PR30
2vj3cif.jpg

Stonehead.jpg

Pretty stoked. This thing sounds awesome.

Just a follow-up for those who were asking about this. I fully intended on making some clips, but...

It never made it out of my living room. When I tried it at Guitar Center it was sounding pretty badass, so I threw it in layaway and picked it up a couple weeks later. Upon getting it home the "lead 1" setting on the head pretty much stopped producing sound. Everything else was working ok, so I was prepared to get it fixed at my leisure since I really scored a good deal on it. A week later the amp just stopped making sound at all.

AMT actually tried being helpful via email, but there was definitely a language barrier. They basically sent me a schematic and said good luck at the end of the day.

Guitar Center took it back since it was under 30 days.

I now have a Sovtek Mig 50h coming to my doorstep. One of the best live guitar sounds I have ever heard was a Mig-100h in this otherwise unremarkable grind band. Something about those Russians, they just do the ugly distortion thing awesome imo.

Ah, my first proper amp was one of these. I had it modded and it was really good after that. They installed something to the back to stop the tubes from resonating and tweaked the eq circuitry, plus added a bias trim to the back panel. I also took the logo off to make it look prettier :lol:

The speaker in it I was not that sold on though, and eventually instead of changing it I ended up changing amps.

It's already on the operating table. Bias mod, cleaning and shits. :D

%2524%2528KGrHqN_%2521hsE3_H%252957rtBN8Om0%25298Kw~~_57__99892.1405785149.1024.768.JPG

Probably not a very metal pickup, but my favorite guitar tone (Shadows Are Security) was obtained with one, so I figured I might as well try it.

Have them on my 2002 LP STD
Beautiful sounding pickups. Fat and great attack.
Its a shame they dont make them f-spaced like the 500T and 498T. Its going into a maple/mahogany Ibanez which is definitely no Les Paul. I wish it works well anyway. The JB I have right now in there does, but Ive been bitten by the passive bug, and now the curiosity wont stop! LOL

Been a great year of G.A.S for me since I moved back to the UK :D Been buying a lot of new gear and upgrading my studio.

Most recent acquisitions:

API 500-6B Lunchbox with a Chandler Limited TG2-500 Preamp.

IMG_0064.jpg

Martin D-28 Left Handed.

IMG_0071.jpg

Gonna post a bunch more when I get around to it :D

I bought a lot of cables and xlr/jack connectors to tidy up my rig. The colours make tracing them a bit easier. A bit sad, but it was quite therapeutic putting them all together.

10991335_10155173339940277_3365207513328685713_n_zpstk7vcdz1.jpg

SO TIDY. MUCH ENVY

It was a trainwreck before this. Really happy now. Finding all my ins and outs and knowing where they go is so simple. Blues are inputs, purples are front panel inputs, greens are outputs, orange is monitor outs, yellow is guitar link and red is DI XLR.

Should've dusted when I was in there.