Your latest G.A.S. purchases

280157.jpg

Back in RME land.

Downloaded the trial for "Sonarworks Reference 3" after ~BURNY~ mentioned it and I must say this is AMAZING! Loaded up their AKG K-702 Calibration with my old pair of K-702's and imported a bunch of my favourite Audiophile quality tracks into Reaper for a quick before/after test, after some level-matching the result is a much fuller bass response, less of the annoying harshness that had always bugged me with these headphones, and an overall much more ear-pleasing listening experience...

Definitely gonna buy this Plugin once my trial period runs out, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

2s76ono.png

looks interesting, how does it work actually?
i guess you'll smack this on the master bus and then load up a profile of your headphones?

Basically these guys have measured the average EQ curve of certain headphones, and by using this plugin you can apply a mirror image curve onto those headphones, effectively resulting with headphones that have a "flat" EQ curve. This means you'll be hearing other people's mixes without any added coloration from your own headphones, and also hearing said mixes more like the mastering engineer would have heard them in his studio.

The only variable in this process is the state of your headphones, I currently have 2 pairs of K-702's and they sound very different. The ones I've had for longer sound much better IMO as they've had thousands of hours of burn-in time.

I would be interested in finding out what the average life span of the headphones Sonarworks got their average EQ curves from was.

P_500.jpg

Went from 23.5" to a 28" and got a 240GB SSD this past week. Gonna buy another one to store files on asap.

Downloaded the trial for "Sonarworks Reference 3" after ~BURNY~ mentioned it and I must say this is AMAZING! Loaded up their AKG K-702 Calibration with my old pair of K-702's and imported a bunch of my favourite Audiophile quality tracks into Reaper for a quick before/after test, after some level-matching the result is a much fuller bass response, less of the annoying harshness that had always bugged me with these headphones, and an overall much more ear-pleasing listening experience...

Definitely gonna buy this Plugin once my trial period runs out, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

2s76ono.png

unfortunately they don't have it for the ATH-M50 to give it a try

unfortunately they don't have it for the ATH-M50 to give it a try

I'm sure they will soon. You can shoot them an email to suggest them a model. I asked for the AKG K271 and they sent me a reply saying it's gonna happen soon due to popular demand so I guess the same goes for the M50.

I'm sure they will soon. You can shoot them an email to suggest them a model. I asked for the AKG K271 and they sent me a reply saying it's gonna happen soon due to popular demand so I guess the same goes for the M50.

I asked but they said that it would be hard because they are discontinued and don't know when they will get their hands on this one to profile and it is different from the M50X.

I asked but they said that it would be hard because they are discontinued and don't know when they will get their hands on this one to profile and it is different from the M50X.

Well then that's a bummer. I hope they weren't talking about the K271 MKII when they replied to my request.

Everyone seems to hate the 5150 and love the bass models so I figured I'd check it out for myself.
file.png

what do you think of the model packs? I bought the metal one and I'm not really that impressed with it. My favorite amp from that pack is the big bottom which is not even HD and I already have it in pod farm. The 5150 isn't the greatest and I'm not a fan of the other amps. How are the other two packs? I'm still considering getting the whole collection though because I want a hardware unit for bass and I'm interested in the Roland JC120 amp model. It would be cool if they had a new FX or cab pack.

what do you think of the model packs? I bought the metal one and I'm not really that impressed with it. My favorite amp from that pack is the big bottom which is not even HD and I already have it in pod farm. The 5150 isn't the greatest and I'm not a fan of the other amps. How are the other two packs? I'm still considering getting the whole collection though because I want a hardware unit for bass and I'm interested in the Roland JC120 amp model. It would be cool if they had a new FX or cab pack.

After having spent some time with it I think that the bass pack is totally worth it, the SVT is not bad (more usable than the fliptop) but I don't think it's as great as people are making it out to be. The GK sim is very good, a lot like my actual RB. The metal stuff is mostly junk except for the 5150 and the big bottom. I actually like the 5150 so far and it has replaced my treadplate patches for the most part, but I had to spend awhile dialing things in (presence seems almost unusable on it as it just adds fizz). The vintage stuff is alright, some good options for clean tones. IMO it's worth it for the orange, gk and peavey. My two cents.

what are you using for your 5150 tone? I find it hard to pick a good cab and mic combination with that amp. Which pod HD do you have? Do you have the X version?