Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Just ordered two of these so my lunchbox is full. Went for the Gar1731 opamp this time.

o9jfusblet6chm7ngric.jpg

My first evertune guitar. Wanted to buy the ESP Ltd Mh with evertune bridge, but they raised the price from 1000€ to 1400€ the day i wanted to order it. This guitar is just a filler until they release a horizon with evertune ;) Will come tomorrow. I am excited like a little boy on xmas!

Much appreciated Tim! If you have any questions about the EverTune simply send me a PM ;)

-Herbert

Just got nickel TonePros bridge, Gibson(Grover) Nickel tuners and gold speed knobs for my Les Paul. Got some money for my birthday so thought I'd get some bits for the guitar. Needs a new nut and a setup I think.

Got Sennheiser HD650s
I am a headphone junkie and have lots of different ones but I think these cure my headphone gas.
Clarity and dynamics like nothing else I have heard. I can hear every bit of fizz or resonance so clearly it is scary :)
HD650-xlarge.jpg

I know, I'm a headphone junky.
Once I got the HD650, I realised that my momentum on ear that I use at home and everywhere were severely lacking in clarity and dynamics.
I tried a pair of HD25 and compared them to the MOE and the 25 win by a massive margin.
I can't believe a set of portable on ear can sound this good.
They also sound clearer and certainly "faster" than my ATH M50s.
300x300px-LS-c8c2c2ad_sennheiser_hd_25_1_ii.jpeg

^^^ Damn you've spent 1 month's rent for me on headphones this month! You may have a problem...

Never really measured it I only go by the sound but i guess i just dont like flat headphones. I find when a mix sounds good on the 840s it sounds good most places. To each their own, thanks for the reply dude.

Maruszczyk Instruments ELWOOD L 4a-24+ "Amazaque" Lefthand

I've been searching for a good Lefthand Bass for a good while now. I tested,
Yamaha, Ibanez, Fender, Sandberg etc. but none of them could give me what i was looking for...

...until now!

The Elwood sounds, looks, feels and plays absolutely great.
If you live in Germany, or Europe in general check out the http://www.public-peace.de/ homepage.
There are so many great instruments, all handmade in poland, top notch craftmanship and prices that seem unreal...

well, take a look...

Elwood_01.jpg

Elwood_02.jpg

Elwood_03.jpg

Elwood_04.jpg

Elwood_05.jpg

Elwood_06.jpg

Elwood_07.jpg

Elwood_08.jpg

Elwood_09.jpg

Elwood_10.jpg

Body: alder with amazaque top
Neck: hard rock maple, matched amazaque headstock
Fingerboard: maple, 24 frets
Construction: bolt on
Pickups: Maruszczyk Jazz Bass Style (Definition und "Knarz" ohne Ende!)
Electronics: passiv, vol, vol, tone
Finish: natural, body/neck matte
Hardware: black
Weight: 3,25kg
incl. Gigbag
€1190.00

Got an old 1991 Peavey Classic 50w head. Massively underrated - my favourite clean tone I've got.
Guy selling it threw in a DIY cab with some supper old Celestial Vintage 30s - they sound really different to the ones in my Zilla.

Family photo:

cJiwpop.jpg

Oct13_LNU_ODGlove_web.jpg

I wanted an OCD but always found these a bit pricey for what they are so I bought the Electro Harmonix knockoff which seems just as good.

278657.jpg

I was also looking for quieter/darker Hats so I bought these. It's a bit of a shot in the dark although I'm familiar with this excellent brand (I have two of their 18" crashes).
They seem primarily aimed for Jazz but I think it could work for rock in a studio context if they aren't too "trashy".

Just bought 100m of cable, some Neutrik connectors and some new mic stands.

Next week, I'm going to be soldering cables to death!