Your latest G.A.S. purchases

I have a pair of these isacoustics stands. I can't talk about the difference myself as I used them right away in my new flat, but there is a video that compares them to auralex mopads and it convinced me :

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a pair of these isacoustics stands. I can't talk about the difference myself as I used them right away in my new flat, but there is a video that compares them to auralex mopads and it convinced me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wQ5OV40CjM

Whoa. When I finally pick up some real monitors, it looks like I'm picking up a pair of those IsoAcoustics stands. Had no idea they would be that much different than the Auralex.

After doing a lot of reading and listening to samples on Youtube etc, I've been wanting to get a set of EMG 57/66 for my Les Paul. I watched Jaymz and Lasse's clips and liked what I heard and the description of active with a bit of a passive vibe sold me. I've been keeping an eye on eBay for a set and one just popped up for £75 less than retail, so made the purchase. Should be here next week. If I don't like them, I should make my money back on them too, so it was a win/win for me :)

They also look sexy as hell in the brushed finish!

_57_zpsknbtabkm.jpg

These arrived yesterday, but whoever installed them for the guy had chopped some of the ends off of the solderless connectors. Spoke to the seller and he gave me £20 towards a new solderless kit as he felt bad about it. Bonus for me. Got one ordered today so hopefully by midweek I'll be able to play with them. They look badass in my Les Paul though!

Westone Thunder III, I traded my old Ltd KH 202 for this, made in Japan in the 80's by Matsumoku, the build quality is great and this has TONS of different sounds (it has 3-way pickup selector, 3-way coil split, phase switch and mix switch for the middle humbucker that makes it either really bright or bit muddy :lol:, it has all access style set neck joint and maple neck and body, it weights a ton also.

Dbw7QUmClDGfa7Oo

Waves C4:
c4-multiband-compressor.jpg

Waves Bass Rider:
bass-rider.jpg

Superlux HD662:
hd662.jpg

Dunlop Jazz III 1,38mm:
PK47P3-BS-JAZZ3.jpg

Millenium MS-2003 mic stand for my BM800, the mic isn't bad at all actually:
133136.jpg

Those plus set of bass strings, a string winder from ebay and a cheap piece of the acoustic foam that Thomann makes that I've used as a working pad for setting up guitars, it's pretty good for that actually (4cm thick and it costs 3,9 euros, works probably better as a pad than as an acoustic treatment :lol:).

Major upgrades to my bedroom studio gear today:

iMac 27" 5k Retina + 1 TB Fusiondrive. Nice upgrade from my 10 year old MBP. Using it for image and video editing too.
og.jpg

Logic Pro X: also a nice upgrade from Logic 9. However, I still have a few 32 bit plugins that I want to use, but there's no fething way that I'm going to shell out another $100 or so on a bridge plugin just to run legacy instrument AUs that I don't use all the time. Also, screw IK Multimedia for not making 64 bit version of their older products.
logic-pro-x1.jpg

Bx5's: Scored these used (in good shape) from guitar center for $100. I would have preferred some JBL's, but I couldn't pass up the price, especially when anything is a better upgrade than my old, old AV40's.
91-xFSkcOwL._SL1500_.jpg

Saffire Pro 26: Very excited to upgrade from my basic little usb interface. I would have gone for a thunderbolt interface, but all the ones on the market are way too expensive. I think this will do just fine.
Saffire-Pro-26-3quart_copy.jpeg

UVI Digital Synstations: Got this free. Gonna use 'em on my 80's sci-fi synth rock project.
ds_blog.png

PRS archon 50

Archon50H-large.jpg

Neumann kh120 monitors

Neumann_KH120_front_rear.jpg

What are your impressions of the Archon 50 and the Neumann Kh120's?

Does the Archon 50 have the goods the 100w does? My EVH 50w sounds great under the mic and totally cuts it at band practice but lately Ive been playing my Dual Rec and it just has a "thunk" about it that I missed when playing the EVH. The amps are voiced completely different but I feel like it also has to do with clean headroom in the amp. Thoughts?

Ive been really debating a big upgrade to my monitoring and keep coming back to these KH120's. Are you finding they translate well? There is considerable positive feedback on the net for them but I get the impression that most of it is not coming from people that mix heavy rock / metal.

I havent played the 100w archon, but it has the balls that my old 50w EVH was missing. waaay better than the evh in my opinion, in every way!

the neumann's are great! they dont sound like 5" woofers at all. they obviously dont go down super low, but they're everything I need from monitors and translate very well. a few days ago I was listening through them and thought "wow. I forgot I was even listening to speakers." they just sound so damn clean and flat. highly recommend!

What are your impressions of the Archon 50 and the Neumann Kh120's?

Does the Archon 50 have the goods the 100w does? My EVH 50w sounds great under the mic and totally cuts it at band practice but lately Ive been playing my Dual Rec and it just has a "thunk" about it that I missed when playing the EVH. The amps are voiced completely different but I feel like it also has to do with clean headroom in the amp. Thoughts?

Ive been really debating a big upgrade to my monitoring and keep coming back to these KH120's. Are you finding they translate well? There is considerable positive feedback on the net for them but I get the impression that most of it is not coming from people that mix heavy rock / metal.

Built a new computer. Hackintosh with an Intel i7 4790k, Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H-BK, 16Gb Ram, 2x 250gb SSD, 2x1TB Seagate, 2x Dell 24" Monitors, Fractal Design Define R5 case. Nice and quiet and fast :)

Got a Pedaltrain Metro 24 SC as I'm just going to be using my amp, a tuner and an overdrive from now on. Simples.

got a Digitech Whammy DT pedal and a YouRock MIDI guitar! Have Yamaha HS7's on the way. Also got an Agile 8 string not too long ago.