Your latest G.A.S. purchases

DSC_0041.jpg

Laptop warrioring the fuck out of it again.

vertigo_vsc-2_box-ae5d16cf.png
bx_rockrack_box-3ddc8fe5.png

Please share some impressions of rockrack once youve taken some time with it. It seems promising but I havent heard any really metal examples yet. Vertigo is amazing.

A treat to myself :)

philips-hue.jpg

I love my apartment but the lighting sucks, some bulbs are super old and I need replacement, so I thought how could is that if they could be wirelessly controlled to change color ?!

Isn't it too bad not having a neck single coil on such a beauty ? The finishing is wonderful, I think one day i'll end up buying a gorgeous strat as well...

LeSedna said:
I just watched videos about this, damn this is impressive ! It's just how it should be, for classical/acoustic instruments ! If I got it right, this is just a software, you need VSL instrument banks separately ? Or could it work on any source ?

Empathy said:
Works with any source.

Yeah, it used to only work with their own libraries, which I do have and use, but they did a smart thing by releasing it as a VST.

Of course its marketed heavily towards orchestral composers, but it's nice to have the option to run some drums or vocals through it on occasion.

The only drawback so far is the small number of rooms they have sampled so far, due to time it takes (several hundreds of samples per room).

There is a stripped down version (MIR 24) for half the price. But after setting up my new orchestral template, I saw how quickly 24 inserts would have been used up, so I'm glad I went for the pro version.

AD Chaos said:
Will you be using it for stereo mixing only? I remember the promo vid for it being absolutely candy

I don't imagine doing anything other than stereo in the near future, so yeah.

^^ many thanks guys

its one the best guitar i have ever played in my life, it beats most of those in my collection - hands down..
:headbang:

the neck just feels incredible. if you think about to buy a new guitar, consider nic page guitars from berlin

Isn't it too bad not having a neck single coil on such a beauty ? The finishing is wonderful, I think one day i'll end up buying a gorgeous strat as well...
well, i have a faible for guitars with only one pickup and only a volume knob, i think with that minimum of one pickup the guitar makes a statement and underlines the look and aesthetic of this guitar.

but of course, from a logical point of view, its a huge waste of not having a neck pickup as well on that fantastic sounding guitar. but Nick has thought of it and already made cavitys for a neck and middle pickup into body.. so perhaps, if i´m fat up of having just one bridge pickup, i´m gonna get a replacement pickguard in hss configuration that i can swap out :)