Your Melodic BM recommendations

Haha Into Eternity?

Sad Legend's last two releases (the LP and the EP) are all you'll ever need as they're both fanfuckingtastic.

Without looking at what others have listed:

Anything by Dissection, Sacramentum, Naglfar, Summoning, Dawn, Lord Belial.

I gave Volcano a few listens and now i like it... my fave tracks are Fuel for Hatred, Possessed, Repined Bastard nation , Mental Mercury and Black lava.. but i also like the other tracks. just those happen to be my faves.. the Mayhem album has grown on me as well.. i llike tracks 4 thru 8.. just the first 3 i dont like.. i will check older albums by both these groups as well as the ones you have recommended gang.. too bad i have work tomorrow.. dont have time to write them down but i will this weekend...

Funeral Portrait said:
yes i like them.

As do I, but black metal? Apparently any band who sings in high screeched vocals, for however long per song, is black metal now. Screw the core elements of BM!

V.V.V.V.V. said:
As do I, but black metal? Apparently any band who sings in high screeched vocals, for however long per song, is black metal now. Screw the core elements of BM!
i dont think they are black either. lol thats why after i listed them i said they didnt fit the genre, but figured i would post them anyways :cool:

catamenia
obtained enslavement
dissection
enslaved (more the newer stuff)
emperor (more the newer stuff)
borknagar
seth
age of silence
~gR~

Well this weekend I got :

Immortal - Sons of Northern Darkness (I'm quite impressed by this CD. Was better then I thought it would be)
Bathory - Blood Fire Death ( it was on sale for $11.99 so I said what the hell)
Opeth - Still Life (yeah i know there not BM but wanted a different CD with change of pace so to speak and I never listened to them before so I picked it up. I know alot of people on this forum dislike them but I like it <shrugs>)

Anyways I was also looking for Emperor and some of the other ones you guys mentioned but couldn't find any. Where I live there really aren't any Mom and Pop stores so I had to resort to going to Tower Records which I am sure everyone is aware is very limited in BM CD's.. but I will keep a eye out for them. Perhaps I will look for them in the city (NYC) since there are Mom and Pop stores there. I also picked up the book Lords of Chaos by Michael Moynihan & Didrik Soderlind. For those who haven't read this one it is about the BM scene but specifically the story of Mayhem and their notorious past. If you haven't read it I would recommend it so far from the few pages I have read. Lots of rare pics too.

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
Well this weekend I got :

Immortal - Sons of Northern Darkness (I'm quite impressed by this CD. Was better then I thought it would be)
Bathory - Blood Fire Death ( it was on sale for $11.99 so I said what the hell)
Opeth - Still Life (yeah i know there not BM but wanted a different CD with change of pace so to speak and I never listened to them before so I picked it up. I know alot of people on this forum dislike them but I like it <shrugs>)

Anyways I was also looking for Emperor and some of the other ones you guys mentioned but couldn't find any. Where I live there really aren't any Mom and Pop stores so I had to resort to going to Tower Records which I am sure everyone is aware is very limited in BM CD's.. but I will keep a eye out for them. Perhaps I will look for them in the city (NYC) since there are Mom and Pop stores there. I also picked up the book Lords of Chaos by Michael Moynihan & Didrik Soderlind. For those who haven't read this one it is about the BM scene but specifically the story of Mayhem and their notorious past. If you haven't read it I would recommend it so far from the few pages I have read. Lots of rare pics too.

Did you get the cd I sent out yet? ANd yes, that Immortal cd is one hell of a cd! I want to hear more by them :) I love the Still Life album, but there isn't an Opeth album that I dislike!

if you wanna something melodic you can try with the new Sear Bliss album, in my opinion a very good one. I liked very much the idea of the trombone as the soloist instrument!!! try it

I recommend:

Venedae - Siedem Kamiennych Oblicz
Dub Buk - Idu Na Wy!
Temnozor - Horizons...

all of these are on eastside records if you want to try to find them.

I really need to get to the city to find some of these bands mentioned... any websites that you can recommend with decent prices that have some of these bands?

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
I really need to get to the city to find some of these bands mentioned... any websites that you can recommend with decent prices that have some of these bands?
www.redstream.org
www.blackmetal.com
www.theendrecords.com
www.aquariusrecords.org

Recommendations:

Sacramentum - Far Away From The Sun
Vinterland - Welcome My Last Chapter (Wings Of Sorrow)
Astriaal - Renascent Misanthropy, Summoning The Essense Of Ancient Wisdom
Obtained Enslavement - Witchcraft
Ulver - Bergtatt
Nokturnal Mortum - Goat Horns
Temnozor' - Horizons...
Taake - Nattestid Ser Porten Vid
Nagelfar - Srontgorrth
Windir - Arntor

Demiurge said:
Graveland- Thousand Swords
Sacramentum- Far Away from the Sun
Summoning- Lugburz