Your Melodic BM recommendations

Jun 25, 2004
Just wanted to ask for your suggestions for BM bands/albums that are more melodic then others... today I got Satyricon's Volcano album and Mayhem's Chimera album.. not very impressed with them but the more i listen to them the more they are growing on me.. i guess ij ust need to give them a few more listens.. :erk:

Graveland- Thousand Swords
Sacramentum- Far Away from the Sun
Summoning- Lugburz
Abigor- Nachthymnen
Sorcier Des Glaces- Snowland
Avzhia- Dark Emperors
Hades- The Dawn of the Dying Sun
Necromantia/Varathron- Black Arts Lead to Everlasting Sins
Varathron- His Majesty at the Swamp
Necromantia- Scarlet Evil Witching Black

Agathodaimon - Serpents Embrace
Alghazanth - Osiris-Typhon Unmasked
Centinex - Decadence Prophecies of Cosmic Chaos (eh, not really, but whatever)
Into Eternity - Buried In Oblivion (eh, not really either. but whatever)
Borknagar - Empiricism
Dissilusion - Back to Times of Splendor

Nokturnal Mortum's Lunar Poetry is pretty melodic. Some other bands for you to check out:
Windir - Arntor
Enslaved - Eld
Drudkh - Forgotten Legends
Melechesh - Sphynx(not entirely black metal but a great semi melodic album nonetheless)

Also, agreed with most recommendations with Dissection, Sacramentum and Nachtfalke. Great bands, all of them.

I was thinking about Immortal (which ones?).. Dimmu i already have.. and I'll have to listen to Older Satyricon before i buy it this time around.. i bought this one blindly... Old Man's child i was thinking of as well but couldnt find it at the store yesterday.. the other band's mentioned i havent really heard of but will write it down and see if i can find some of them... any more?

I'd say Thy Serpent (Fin), Infernum (Pol), old Darzamat (Pol) & Arkona (Pol) & Thyrane (Fin), Nefandus (Swe), Hermh (Pol), & old Satyricon of course.