Your opinions of S-X's ST album.

When I first spinned the album, I thougght Rod Tyler's voice was a little too girly and whiny for my tastes. But after a few more spins, I kinda started to like it, so I guess it's liek an acquired taste.

The quality of the songs could be better. They should really go back and polish the best 4 songs of the "demo", or something like that. The potential is there, it's just not showing completely.

Hmm...I wasn't the biggest fan of Rob Thomas' voice, and I agree he could sound boyish at times. (Incidentally I HAVE come to like James LaBrie's voice lately...just had to toss that in for the person who mentioned him.)

While the production and the vocals were not the best at all, I WILL say that I think it's one of the better 1st albums I've ever heard out of a band. It's clear the musical talent is there, and I couldn't think of a bad song on there. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised, when I recently got it for Christmas. :)

Rose Immortal said:
Hmm...I wasn't the biggest fan of Rob Thomas' voice, and I agree he could sound boyish at times. (Incidentally I HAVE come to like James LaBrie's voice lately...just had to toss that in for the person who mentioned him.)
I'm not sure that we're talking about Matchbox Twenty here ;).

yeah i didnt like Matchbo'X' Twenty's first singer that much either. the music is so good that i still listen to the cd, tho. they did a fantastic job with Masquerade, i'd really like to see more songs from that cd remade with Russ.

LOL!!!! Whoops! That's what I get for not reading carefully, and writing the first name that sounds familiar!

(Although I should hope it's to my credit that I didn't know WHY I knew the name...could've never named the band he was in.)

Feel free to put that in an All-Time Greatest SymX Board Bloopers Thread, if you like. ;)

v01c354nd51gn5 said:
yeah i didnt like Matchbo'X' Twenty's first singer that much either. the music is so good that i still listen to the cd, tho. they did a fantastic job with Masquerade, i'd really like to see more songs from that cd remade with Russ.
:lol:

Feel free to put that in an All-Time Greatest SymX Board Bloopers Thread, if you like. ;)
:D

It can be summed up in 3 sentences:

1) Rod Tyler didn't deserve to be on this album.
2) Remix the guitar leads so they have some bite and volume.
3) Put a little more bass in there for god's sake!