Your perfect lineup?

Mikael Åkerfeldt: vocals (opeth)
Blakkheim: guitar (katatonia,bloodbath,diabolical masquerade)
Andrew Craighan: guitar (my dying bride)
Dario Derna: keyboards (ex evoken)
Leif Edling: bass (candlemass,krux)
Johnny Kelly: drums (type O negative)

BWAHAHAHAHA!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :loco: LMGDMFAO at putting Allan Holdsworth in there with those guys :lol: Allan is GOD, but he sure doesn't belong in that kind of band. Just try to picture it...

Ron Jarzombek is an extremely talented guitarist, but he does play outside the box a bit too much for my tastes. I've had problems being able to get into Spastic Ink, but I don't have his 2nd album yet... Never heard Watchtower...

Cooley is a wanker with terrible phrasing. Outworld is a cool band, but definitely not because of his solos. For a weird shredder stick Dave Martone in there :cool: The guy has loads of technique & ideas.

Kolias is a blast-beat / double-bassing drum wanker. Stick a guy like Mike Manigini or the guy from "The Faceless" in there Bro :cool: I've been liking his drumming a lot.

Heh, while all of the guys there seems to be a strange mix, the sound I get in my head is something along the lines of a quirky technical death metal band with heavy jazz breaks and interludes.

I've always liked Cooley quite a bit, mostly due to his solo stuff. While I'll agree his phrasing isn't phenomenal, it's far from bad.

Also, which drummer from The Faceless are you talking about? I just saw them two nights ago and they had Bret Batdorf on drums. While he was great, I don't think he stands up to a guy like Kollias. I will agree with you about Mike Mangini, that guy is amazing.

Vocals: Peter Hammill (Van der Graaf Generator)
Lead Guitar: Dan Rock (Psychotic Waltz)
Rhythm Guitar/Backing Vocals: King Diamond (King Diamond, Mercyful Fate)
Saxophone: John Zorn (John Zorn, Naked City)
Bass: Tony Levin (Liquid Tension Experiment, some other stuff...)
Drums: Billy Cobham (Mahavishnu Orchestra)

guitar - Jeff Loomis (Nevermore)
guitar/vocals - Mike Akerfeldt (Opeth)
vocals - Jan Kenneth Transeth (ex-In The Woods...)
vocals - Agnethe Kierkevaag (Madder Mortem)
bass - Uri Zelcha (Orphaned Land)
drums - Sean Reinert (Cynic, Aghora)

Heh, while all of the guys there seems to be a strange mix, the sound I get in my head is something along the lines of a quirky technical death metal band with heavy jazz breaks and interludes.

I've always liked Cooley quite a bit, mostly due to his solo stuff. While I'll agree his phrasing isn't phenomenal, it's far from bad.

Also, which drummer from The Faceless are you talking about? I just saw them two nights ago and they had Bret Batdorf on drums. While he was great, I don't think he stands up to a guy like Kollias. I will agree with you about Mike Mangini, that guy is amazing.

It's cool that you like Cooley & all... But I don't like him very much. His solo CD gives me a major headache by the 4th track.

As impeccable as Allan's technique is, I don't think the guy can play death metal. The guy literally doesn't even know how to play a power chord. He's so beyond that mode of thinking. He thinks in NOTES not PATTERNS like probably 99% of guitarists think from time to time. Well, anyways I'VE never heard or seen him play a power chord, but of course he knows how... & his technique wouldn't lead me to believe he would be able to play technical death metal. He could have some cool solo spots though. He could learn to play it, but the guy wouldn't want to.

I've been liking the guy that plays on "The Faceless" album a lot. He's very technical yet he never hits a bad note. I just can't stand Kolias. I think he's a very over rated drummer. Now I have more respect for Derek Roddy on the other hand, but even that guy has more technique than feel.

Vocals/guitars: Carmelo Orlando (Novembre)
Lead Guitars: Richard M. Walker (Solstice)
Bass: Johan DeFarfalla (Morningrise era Opeth)
Drums: Martin Lopez (old Opeth)
Flute: Guy from Wolven Ancestry
Violin: Guy from Ne Obliviscaris
Fuck keyboards.

It's cool that you like Cooley & all... But I don't like him very much. His solo CD gives me a major headache by the 4th track.

As impeccable as Allan's technique is, I don't think the guy can play death metal. The guy literally doesn't even know how to play a power chord. He's so beyond that mode of thinking. He thinks in NOTES not PATTERNS like probably 99% of guitarists think from time to time. Well, anyways I'VE never heard or seen him play a power chord, but of course he knows how... & his technique wouldn't lead me to believe he would be able to play technical death metal. He could have some cool solo spots though. He could learn to play it, but the guy wouldn't want to.

I've been liking the guy that plays on "The Faceless" album a lot. He's very technical yet he never hits a bad note. I just can't stand Kolias. I think he's a very over rated drummer. Now I have more respect for Derek Roddy on the other hand, but even that guy has more technique than feel.

That's one of the things I love about Holdsworth, his ability to think in musical compatibility like a computer, it's great.

As for The Faceless drummer, there were actually three different guys that did the drumming on the album, but Brett Batdorf did the majority of the tracks. He's a beast on the kit.

It's cool that there's another Holds fan here, at leaast in this forum.

I had no idea there were 3 drummers on that album dude. It's great stuff & most all the drum tracks are great though, so there you go.

Vocals - Mark Pearce (Amputated/Crepitation/Black Grave)
Guitar #1 - Luc Lemay (Gorguts/Negativa)
Guitar #2 - Paul Ryan (Origin)
Bass - Alex Webster (Cannibal Corpse/Blotted Science/Hate Eternal)
Drums - Dave Lombardo (Slayer/Grip Inc/Fantômas)

Yes, I mixed Deathgrind with Tech, Death, Avant Garde and Thrash. But considering Mark Pearce's range of vocal styles, I think it could work.

Shame it'll never happen, really.

Dan Swanö: vocals,keyboards.
Anders ``Blakkheim`` Nyström: guitar
Juha Sulasalmi: guitar
Bass: ?
Frost: drums

Matt Barlow - Clean Vocals (Ex-Iced Earth, Pyramaze)
Nergal - Guttural Vocals (Behemoth)
Janne Warman - Keys (Children of Bodom)
Inferno - Drums (Behemoth)
Mohammed Suicmez - Guitar (Necrophagist)
James Malone - Guitar (Arsis)
Steve Harris - Bass (Iron Maiden)