Your Phobia/s?

Originally posted by Xtokalon

hehe,

this recalls my Brooklyn ghetto days. there's nothing like waking up to find a huge cockroach on your stomach! I'm not talking about those small ones either! I'm talking about those plump 3 inch motherfudgers that can fly and run like the wind! :rolleyes:
oh my god, that's so disgusting. it reminds of something that happened a couple years ago at a university around here.

was it at american university, Surge?

anyway, while this girl was sleeping a roach crawled into her ear and got lodged in there. she didn't discover it for a few DAYS until she went to the hospital. :s

Originally posted by Lina

anyway, while this girl was sleeping a roach crawled into her ear and got lodged in there. she didn't discover it for a few DAYS until she went to the hospital. :s

that's thoroughly disgusting- it's happened to my brother once. I recall him scratching his ear and having a medium size cockroach fall out of it! haha what a herb I said! :lol:

next post......my battles with Rats in Brooklyn. :rolleyes:

oh my god, that's so disgusting. it reminds of something that happened a couple years ago at a university around here.

Isn't that dangerous?
I have heard of little creeps crawling
into your ears making you go deaf.
This has always been a great fear of mine :eek:/

shites!
i saw those once in the discovery channel after seeing tarantulas the size of a plate.. i started sweating cold and got an allergy ;)

how can i not fear bugs... this one time i was looking at some gorgeous waterfalls when i started hearing a loud buzz and i met one of my biggest fears: HORSEFLIES! they like black so i was surrounded by hundreds (literally).. so i just broke down and started crying til my mom took me to the car and i missed the waterfalls :cry:

Oh,what about Centipedes. Ever have one of those hairy little creatures crawl on you. Makes me shiver just thinking about it.

scorpions, my worse fear. just watch the mummy return. thanks god they aren't around here.
i use to live in vietnam. one time my granny is walking in the wood. my cousin saw her and a snake near by. it was a long snake with green stripe. he beat the crap out of it and we had snake soup! but i really reccommend you not to try snake soup, becuz you will die becuz poison. somehow my family and me survive. oh and yes, in vietnam there are snake almost as big as those in the anachonda (can't spell it), and it could swallow a man. but most of the jungle there is destroyed now and alot of creature about to extinct. grasshopper doesn't scare me. i like fire fly though, haven't seen them for years.
i hate roaches, one time i was living in texas apartment. the people who lived in it was so fucking dirty. my god, you turn off the light at night and 10minutes later turn it on, it's fucking all over. i killed thousand of them. and one time at school i got a big one crawling up to my neck. i felt something, grab it and throw it out. we did a good job cleaning out all the roaches and rat. now in vietnam, when i woke up in the orning one time, i saw my cat carrying a rat in it's jaw. now i'm living in new york so it's all good but this apartment is the worse apartment in town. my god a few month ago i killed a black widow, it was freeky shit. i must find a way to make alot of money and get out of these place. i have heard of some plug thing that you plug into your electric plug, it goes to all teh wire in your huose and release some kind of wave. it does not damage the machine in the house, it drive all of teh insect and bug off teh house and the insect will find someone else house to go to. i should really get my parent into buying that.
in vietnam we were all poor so out house is made of wood and stuff, but the floor is made of marble like stuff, lying on the floor felt so nice and cool. and one time i came into my room and i saw a yellow/black spider on the wall. i ran the hell out. that was really scary. for some reason i'm good at killing mosquito. now if there is a spider in my room, i would take this big wood stick and smash it, but i'm afraid if the stuff splatter all over. ahh freeky.
at a young age in vietnam, i am scare of dog. some dog over tehre becuz of teh hot weather, is not friend, they are very very mean. there this family that live next to us, and they have a bunch of dog at teh yard, i would not come out of the house. one time, i was walking and come to a 3 way path, and then there was 3 dog from all direct barking at me. that was scary shit. now dog in america is all cute and everybody love it. what's with owning exotic fish and a giant fish tanks anyway? ok that's my story for now. but don't worry, i rarely ever get sick. people who live in clean condition all the time are the one that get sick most.

Originally posted by Blackspirit
Well, it's not just living for someone else or being yourself.
They probably need to find their place "in the crowd".
One example from my life is when I started posting here.
I was like astarte, didn't know if I should post things or not,
thinking "oh, that's just silly, it's been said before" etc.
But now I don't care because I feel more comfortable in here....
It's the same thing when walking into a place with lots of
unknown people; you need to find your place....

As was I, I realize that as humans we need companionship, but this striving for companionship can go too far. I was apprehensive when I first posted here, but as some do, whatever the situation may be, I did not change who I was. I feel nothing but sadness for those who lack self-respect that they will conform to each and every social situation they are in.

Blackspirit, I'm the same way here now, too. Exactly what you wrote is the same with me.

And S4R, I know everything you wrote is the smart approach. I KNOW these things. And yet, I can't turn it off. But I've definitely gotten better about that in recent years. I used to curl my hair and wear makeup every time I left the house, and now I'm just like, fuck it, I'd rather sleep in. And it's not like I'm whining to OTHER people about, "does this make me look fat" or something retarded like that. I keep it all inside. I can't stand people who are outwardly insecure either. I hate people who always have to be accompanied to the bathroom in public.

But the people who ask questions in a big lecture, for instance, piss me off -- it seems uninhibited to a fault, very self-centered to think you should take everyone's time rather than go to the professor after class -- EVEN if I have the same question! :p

I think my constant analysis of my own actions and what other people think of me is caused by the same part of my personality that is constantly questioning/debating social issues in my mind. It's an inability to TURN IT OFF and chill out. :loco:

It is quite an undertaking to turn it off, is it not? I understand that this is one of those things that are easier said than done. That need for belonging is extremely strong. Sacrifices need to be made to get along with people; I just hate to see when people sacrifice their deepest personality traits for that belonging, whether it is hiding or outright surrender.

Originally posted by terrymx
scorpions, my worse fear. just watch the mummy return. thanks god they aren't around here.
i use to live in vietnam. one time my granny is walking in the wood. my cousin saw her and a snake near by. it was a long snake with green stripe. he beat the crap out of it and we had snake soup! but i really reccommend you not to try snake soup, becuz you will die becuz poison. somehow my family and me survive. oh and yes, in vietnam there are snake almost as big as those in the anachonda (can't spell it), and it could swallow a man. but most of the jungle there is destroyed now and alot of creature about to extinct. grasshopper doesn't scare me. i like fire fly though, haven't seen them for years.
i hate roaches, one time i was living in texas apartment. the people who lived in it was so fucking dirty. my god, you turn off the light at night and 10minutes later turn it on, it's fucking all over. i killed thousand of them. and one time at school i got a big one crawling up to my neck. i felt something, grab it and throw it out. we did a good job cleaning out all the roaches and rat. now in vietnam, when i woke up in the orning one time, i saw my cat carrying a rat in it's jaw. now i'm living in new york so it's all good but this apartment is the worse apartment in town. my god a few month ago i killed a black widow, it was freeky shit. i must find a way to make alot of money and get out of these place. i have heard of some plug thing that you plug into your electric plug, it goes to all teh wire in your huose and release some kind of wave. it does not damage the machine in the house, it drive all of teh insect and bug off teh house and the insect will find someone else house to go to. i should really get my parent into buying that.
in vietnam we were all poor so out house is made of wood and stuff, but the floor is made of marble like stuff, lying on the floor felt so nice and cool. and one time i came into my room and i saw a yellow/black spider on the wall. i ran the hell out. that was really scary. for some reason i'm good at killing mosquito. now if there is a spider in my room, i would take this big wood stick and smash it, but i'm afraid if the stuff splatter all over. ahh freeky.
at a young age in vietnam, i am scare of dog. some dog over tehre becuz of teh hot weather, is not friend, they are very very mean. there this family that live next to us, and they have a bunch of dog at teh yard, i would not come out of the house. one time, i was walking and come to a 3 way path, and then there was 3 dog from all direct barking at me. that was scary shit. now dog in america is all cute and everybody love it. what's with owning exotic fish and a giant fish tanks anyway? ok that's my story for now. but don't worry, i rarely ever get sick. people who live in clean condition all the time are the one that get sick most.

common read what i wrote, i didn;t write all that for nothing

wasps and moths and sparrows. Crickets (the big black kind) invaded my house once. I though I would die there until my cats saved me and ate them all. Dear cats :D

If any bug I would have to say Wasps, Hornets...anything that can sting and flys fast, really.
Being sober when my friends are drunk;)

Attachments

• pork.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 66
my ultimate fear is to be buried alive. lying in the dark casket, feeling the wheight of the earth above you, and your screams remain in this tiny place where you will slowly choke. that's why i'd rather like to be crematered.

Originally posted by Xtokalon

hehe,

this recalls my Brooklyn ghetto days. there's nothing like waking up to find a huge cockroach on your stomach! I'm not talking about those small ones either! I'm talking about those plump 3 inch motherfudgers that can fly and run like the wind! :rolleyes:

That's it I'm pucking!!!!!
I hate cockroaches,they are soooooo disgusting...
and I'm so glad we've never had any trouble with cockroaches in our flat....
the only cockroach I've ever seen here,was this summer..one crept in from our balcony....yuuuuuuck...i was totally home alone and i had to fight with it,we didn't even had a spray for cockroaches.... brrr i don't wanna remember this....

My other phobia is toooo crowded places and busses,I don't comfortable at all there....yet in crowded gigs i feel rather normal..hmmm

how could you not know that a roach was in your ear? Ewww just thinking about that made my check my ears to make sure I didn't have on in there.

terrymx I read your post I think that you must of had a hard life to have lived in all of those places. But at least you can kill misquetos :) I hate them that why I like spiders cause there the best think to catch those bastards :D but I've never seen a black widow I hear that there really small unlike what they show on tv. They always seem to be a large spider.

It seems that most people are scared of some kinda insect or another, or at least have them crawling on them, I too would hate that to happend to me.
Well I put my 2 cents in hope you enjoyed it if not who cares

I think my constant analysis of my own actions and what other people think of me is caused by the same part of my personality that is constantly questioning/debating social issues in my mind. It's an inability to TURN IT OFF and chill out. :loco:

Same thing here... I have been told I think too much before I do something. No matter what, I really tend to take the more complicated way that requires more thinking, instead of just doing something. Which, of course, can be a disadvantage as well as an advantage.
I also used to get this feeling, that, when I enter a place full of people and I'm somehow alone (and maybe not fitting into that place), everyone is looking at me... But recently it got a lot better: I don't really worry about what other people think of me anymore (well, still a bit, maybe), and if I do, I don't have much of a problem with what they may think. I simply discovered what a waste of time and energy this kind of worries is.

And phobias, well, I tend to be a bit hypochondriac. I don't like insects, either, but that's rather a dislike than a phobia. Oh, yes, I really HATE dogs.

I'm afraid of hurting a good person deeply with a random word. I never shut up when I'm in mood B, and I often regret it later.

D Mullholand

i am horrified of locust shells, that stick to trees. just the shells. i will cry and be unable to move if one touches me. its so irrational, i hate it-i think it comes from when i was a kid. my brother would chase me around with those things. i just hate how they are empty shells...souless..empty and scary.

if there is a (non-poisonous-heh) spider in my room i catch it in a tape case and let it go outside. i actually had a pet spider named devondre in my bathroom a few weeks ago. i think countess elizabeta got him :(

Originally posted by Blackspirit

Sure, I hate babies...
If anyone I don't know at work or something
asks me to hold an eye on their kid I freak out.
I don't know how to be in front of a baby...
They're....babies! >:eek:P

i dont know about babbies, but (some) kids rule... i didnt know how to be around kids until my brother had one. if you are stuck with one, try sticking your tounge out at them and making weird faces. make mean faces at it like you hate it. youll probably end up laughing :). just think of it this way-you musnt miss any opportunities to teach a random child the importance of throwing up the devil horns!

:heh:

my nephew uriah, the metalhead !! blah! :

Attachments

• u3small.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 37
Originally posted by Evisceratrix
i dont know about babbies, but (some) kids rule... i didnt know how to be around kids until my brother had one. if you are stuck with one, try sticking your tounge out at them and making weird faces. make mean faces at it like you hate it. youll probably end up laughing :). just think of it this way-you musnt miss any opportunities to teach a random child the importance of throwing up the devil horns!

:heh:

my nephew uriah, the metalhead !! blah! :

Brainwasher!!!
Hehehe... >:eek:) Just kiddin' :eek:)
Nice though, but kids are not for me,
not in thirty years or so...
Or maybe never. >:eek:P

I can't stand spiders, I HATE them...and other insects too. Especially bees, one stinged me in the ear when I was little :(
Then I can't stand if there's a lot of people around me, I feel I'm choking.
Ehm.....I'm scared of water ::blushes:: I don't mean I'm going nuts when I see a glass of water, but I can't go near to sea or anything. I can't swim :s :cry: and I've had too many it-was-close -situations...Drowning isn't fun.
Then I'm scared of really big things....uhm....this is difficult to explain....so I won't do it :p

I'm full of phobias...:bah:

Really big things, eh Zeanra? I believe I understand that and can sympathize. It IS very hard to explain. Phobias? Hm. Ya mean like not being able to breathe or freezing up? How about not being about to speak well? Like I am around sexy guys. :lol: Yeah, I know. It’s not what you’re talking about. :D

I've felt the way Lina and Blackspirit mentioned, but I've overcome it. Moonchild's comment: Stare back. Staring into the face of evil/facing your fear. Feel uncomfortable? Stare back. It's just another person. Easier said than done. I know.

I USED to be afraid of spiders. It was like what Duvall said. The sudden movements they make! Quick little bastards! So, last summer after taking about 30 minutes to kill a spider in my living room and seeing him trying to defend himself with his little leg (I swear, he saw me put the killing device over him and he held up his little hand like, "No no! Don't kill me!") I decided I didn't want to kill them anymore. I was over it. Just like that. I know they don’t think how I took it as “No no don’t kill me.” but it’s for the better because I’m not looking forward to crashing my car into the Jersey barrier because of spider dangling from my visor. Anyways, I’m pretty proud of finally getting over that. :)

Anyone ever see a Banana Spider? I saw one first hand on a neighbor’s back door once while visiting family in Florida. HOLY CRAP! Those things are HUGE!!! :eek: Also, no one’s mentioned maggots. Remember that story? Or did I even tell it here? I drank them anyway. :p

"Leave me speechless, release my yearning."