Your Phobia/s?

I have a fear of eating or drinking in my car and suddenly being hit, causing the eating utensil or drink container to be forcefully crammed down my throat.

Also, I have a fear of not removing all the straight pins from new dress shirts, putting it on, and stabbing myself in the eye.

I'm pretty sure that these have never been diagnosed before :lol:

Heey, I have soulmates here! (duh! how unpredictable)

I used to hate spiders like nothing else. Even seeing a close-up picture of some hairy six legged spider with his twenty eyes made me grimace and get goosebumbs, but nowadays I don't hate them. I just dislike all bugs in general. :)

I also used to suffer from claustrophobia but it's better these days as well.

what you all got with tose fluffy many-legged animals... well the webs are annoying...
but i can't understand why no one has this with being buried alive... aaargh i get the creeps when i even think about it

Originally posted by Blackspirit

Brainwasher!!!
Hehehe... >:eek:) Just kiddin' :eek:)
Nice though, but kids are not for me,
not in thirty years or so...
Or maybe never. >:eek:P

haha dont get me wrong! i dont want one! so much responsibility-and screaming and messyness.... now that would be scary!

Originally posted by VultureCulture
what you all got with tose fluffy many-legged animals... well the webs are annoying...
but i can't understand why no one has this with being buried alive... aaargh i get the creeps when i even think about it

Thanks for reminding me. I have probably the worst phobia of being buried alive. It's that feeling of not being able to move or breath. I would panic and probably die within seconds. I always used to have dreams of not being buried alive but like being trapped under something and feeling the pressure squeezing the life out of you. I guess this comes from when I used to wrestle with my dad. He would put me in the lock hold where I couldn't move and barley breath. (He didn't mean to scare me).

By the way..I use elastic rubber bands to kill spiders. I just Stretch...Aim...Fire...SPLAT! It always works.:)

Orchid, they have 8 furry legs. (no no, don't kill me!:cry: ) The pics they have in books of them very close up! OOOoooOOOooooh. Scary. :heh:

Vulture, I'd be petrified of being buried alive, of course. The scariest part, if ya think about, wouldn't even be inside, I THINK, because you know you're screwed and that's like...the fact that you're going to die isn't questionable anymore. (well, most likely) The scariest part would be before you were put in the hole...when you still have a chance somehow to stop it. That's the creepy part. I bet you saw that movie "Vanished" with Keifer Sutherland. That sucks. How many movies have you watched where people are buried alive and get out or don't?

Anyone got holiday phobia? :err:

"I am so alone, so cold."

Originally posted by Opet
Orchid, they have 8 furry legs. (no no, don't kill me!:cry: )

Damn you! Now I'll start wetting my bed again at night! :heh:

Really, biology was never my strongest area, and I can't say I ever paid too much attention to the physics of spiders. The icky bastards. :D

being buried alive wouldnt be so bad, the oxygen would get used up very quickly, even quicker if you were screaming :D

Orchid: Damn you! Now I'll start wetting my bed again at night!

:lol: :p

Really though...suffocations got to be pretty rough. I remember reading how it feels to die from the cold, freezing to death. It seems pretty peaceful in the last few moments. All warm and comfortable and finally ya fall asleep. Now suffocation, after you have a few gagging fits I guess, you finally go numb and blackout. Sounds pretty rough. Well, then again, dying isn't supposed to be GOOD for the body. ::looks around::

Err...sorry, I may have strayed a bit from the original topic. I'm not a thread starter. :) Someone else can start a "How would you die if you could choose" thread. :lol:

"Bathed in deep fog, blurring my trail. Snuffing the first morning rays."

buried alive... i forgot one of my phobias...
it scares me more to have a plastic bag over my head, when you breathe they stick to your nose and you can't take them off :cry:

Eh, Vulture, ever see the original The Vanishing (the French one, not the shitty US remake)? You'll scream, if thats your phobia (shhh, no one give that flick away!).......

large groups of people who i dont know
anybody who has higher expectations of me than i can fulfil....

im still partially scared of spiders too, but im getting over that. one day i realised that any phobia is just a silly mind thing and i just convinced myself i wasnt scared of spiders, and well it worked kinda. Id still hate to have a spider on me but i even get lazy and dont kill spiders if they're over the other side of the room now, and can go to sleep with known spiders in the bedroom!

i still have some problems though, this following thing has happened about 3 times i think:
i wake up but i dont fully wake up, and i hallucinate, or my dreams are still continuing or something.... and i see spiders. Once i saw one crawl under the covers of my bed, another time i saw a bunch of them crawling over this cobweb which was next to my bed.. and i was sure that they were real, they seemed so real, and it was only as i was reaching up to turn the light on to find these spiders that i realised i COULDNT have seen these things because its too dark... (and that cobweb was on a light fitting, and i dont actually have a light fitting next to my bed so... )
first time it ever happened i spent 5 minutes searching for this spider before i realised. :confused:

Originally posted by Satori
I'm terrified of insects, not all, just certain ones, like hard shell beetles, roaches, centipedes, june bugs (shudder).

Satori

A june bug crawled on my arm as I lay on the couch the other night, it received a full-force flick via my middle finger, and met it's demise when it fell into the space heater.