Your random joy of the day

Louie season 3 on Netflix kept me up all night.

I got to play with my WA12 today and this preamp is fucking tight- so much clean gain it's stupid and the tone button is really cool. It makes a perfect pair the an SM7b and I'm stoked to use this on a full session coming up in October. Seriously if anyone is on the fence with looking for a new pre- get a WA12.

Played a show Saturday night, almost 2 hours from home, only sold like 3 tickets, some of the crowd loved the shit out of us.

We were approached by 3 or 4 other bands saying that we stole the show. How this is possible is beyond me. A few of those bands were fucking sick.

Either way, it makes me fucking happy as hell and when people are moshing and getting right up on me during my leads it makes me smile.....and fuck up a little. :lol:

Saw this and immediately thought of monoxide child. I don't know why.

good-guy-greg-memes-stoner-stanley-sandbox-780040.jpeg

Just signed the lease for a rental house. Super stoked. I've been back at my parents for the last 9 years after my first place. Basically a pretty embarrassing living situation that I won't even get into.

My internet is back after +100 hours. Feels good man.

I'm afraid I will have a similar problem this week since I'm making this move and today have to get electric switched over, oil delivered, and .... most importantly....figure out cable/net bundle....and hope they come right away. :lol:

Might be able to buy my first car soon so I can get a job and stop sitting around being worthless! Maybe...

Played a show Saturday night, almost 2 hours from home, only sold like 3 tickets, some of the crowd loved the shit out of us.

We were approached by 3 or 4 other bands saying that we stole the show. How this is possible is beyond me. A few of those bands were fucking sick.

Either way, it makes me fucking happy as hell and when people are moshing and getting right up on me during my leads it makes me smile.....and fuck up a little. :lol:

Sounds amazing dude! I can't wait till I can do that one day! :D

Might be able to buy my first car soon so I can get a job and stop sitting around being worthless! Maybe...

Sounds amazing dude! I can't wait till I can do that one day! :D

I love playing shows. The driving is usually what I dislike. If we had a van/trailer, it'd be a different story....but we drive 3-4 cars packed with gear and that sucks just a little. Especially when you almost never get paid to play.

I got bored so I decided to be semi-productive. Using my terrible photoshop skills I frankenstein'd some images together from around the internet and designed the custom guitar I will be getting built sometime in the near future.
Designed the body on warmoth's website and stole Paul Masvidal's strandberg fretboard. All I can do is stare at the end result.

guitar.jpg

Almost done moving into this new place and finally set up my recording rig in an empty room. Realizing how badly I need to invest in proper treatment now. Things sound very weird now that I'm in a bigger room.

So very excited to finally be able to set up a proper room!!

I love playing shows. The driving is usually what I dislike. If we had a van/trailer, it'd be a different story....but we drive 3-4 cars packed with gear and that sucks just a little. Especially when you almost never get paid to play.

I understand man, though I've had quite a sheltered 18 years of life, so believe it or not one of my biggest goals (besides like becoming a good audio engineer and getting a internship and whatnot) is like, at least once, I want to go on like low budget tour across at least a couple states, in a crappy van or something and play a few shows. My life will be made. haha

Im currently recording a band where everyone is really performing at the top of their game. Clean vocals which can be the worst to record took 4h to record 7 songs. Drumming is crazy, guitar picking is crazy and growls are crazy good. This is why I want to do this for a living.

An album I mastered was in a best of 2013 list! And my last EP is also on another best of 2013 list!