(your)top 10 videogames of all time

Hmm...

1) Mega Man X4 (PS1)
2) Gunstar Heroes (Genesis)
3) Super Mario Bros 3 (NES)
4) Castlevania - Symphony of the Night (PS1)
5) Lunar - Silver Star Story Complete (PS1)
6) Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time (N64)
7) Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past (SNES)
8) Mega Man X (SNES)
9) Ninja Gaiden II (NES)
10) Sonic 3 + Sonic & Knuckles (Genesis)

thanks for the referral!!! I downloaded the demo and was absolutely HOOKED. Went out yesterday and picked it up for $19.99. Fantastic game. Heres the trailer:

I was all psyched to get this as well, till I read reviews that it runs like crap on netbooks, even though it has a "netbook mode." Bummed. I spent too much time playing Diablo, but it's really dated on todays hardware.

Anyone remember a PC game, Syndicate? That's another that should be updated.

I was all psyched to get this as well, till I read reviews that it runs like crap on netbooks, even though it has a "netbook mode." Bummed. I spent too much time playing Diablo, but it's really dated on todays hardware.

Anyone remember a PC game, Syndicate? That's another that should be updated.

Oh hell yeah! Played a ton of networked Syndicate with my friends. Mini-gun!

1. Golden Axe (Sega Genesis)
2. Archon (Nintendo)
3. Faxanadu (Nintendo)
4. Myst (PC)
5. Doom (PC)
6. Golden Axe II (Sega Genesis)
7. Kiss: Psycho Circus (PC)
8. Doom 2 (PC)
9. Alien 3 (Sega Genesis)
10. Destroy All Humans! (PS2)

Some people may remember the Archon tournament from PPVIII Weekend. That was fun. I remember my buddy Phil playing Dave from Cellador in Archon, and John Macaluso giving his thoughts on the Basilisk vs. Djinn battle in the graveyard. "What the fuck is this thing?" John asked, pointing to the basilisk. "Its a basilisk" Phil replied. "Basilisk?" John said, "sounds like a muslim holiday! That thing looks like a seahorse with a water pistol! And what are these things?" he asked, pointing to the tombstones in the graveyard. "Tombstones." Phil stated. "Tombstones? They look like the banks on my GPS! Hey! Help! Theres a seahorse with a water pistol and he's robbin' the banks on my GPS!!!" John exclaimed.

Ahhh, what fun!

Anyone remember an old Nintendo game called Bible Adventures? Very shitty game from what I remember, but I do remember having fun being Noah, stacking up and throwing square sheep at the Ark. Good times, good times....

Not in any particular order;

1-) Deus Ex
2-) Tie Fighter
3-) Baldur's Gate II & Throne of Bhaal
4-) Gabriel Knight 1-2
5-) Space Quest 5
6-) Fallout 1-2
7-) Daggerfall & Morrowind
:cool: Command & Conquer
9-) Dune 1-2
10-) Undying

If I go back to the C64 days, I can probably come up with another 10.

Easily explained. $5 "cover," and all the arcade games are set to "free" play, no quarters or tokens needed.

Yep, and it practically MAIMed my old 'puter. As I recall, a registry restore was needed then.

Having said that, a custom MAME cabinet would be really cool...but I'd want the original controls, too. BattleZone without two control sticks would be...weird.

It's a lot more stable nowadays, might not hurt to give it another shot. Kawaks is another good one. It only plays Cps1/2 and Neo-geo games, but also has netplay support which is sweet. Nothing quite like a lengthy bout of D&D - Shadows over Mystara with the full four players.

But you can buy/assemble various parts to make any feasible control setup; I've seen some pretty exotic configurations with dual joysticks for each player and anywhere between 6 and 12 buttons, with a trackball.

As for my own Personal list:

1 - Planescape: Torment (PC) - ALWAYS tops my list. I love this game.
2 - Shining Force II (GEN) - I can blame this game for turning me into a nerd in the 4th grade, and delaying my contact with the opposite sex by a solid 6 years after my peers. I'm actually trying to build a PnP rpg loosely based on the game's combat system. Simple, intuitive and streamlined.
3 - Baldur's Gate/ BG II (PC) - THe first wouldn't be on the list if it weren't for the TuTu mod, which allows you to play the first using the engine of the second.
4 - Magical Drop 3 (NEO-GEO) - Extremely addicting puzzle game with frenetic and fast gameplay, with deceptively cutesy graphics.
5 - The Last Blade II (NEO-GEO) - One of my favorite fighting games. A good blend of combo and special attack abuse, with a slower pacing that allows for a more tactical approach. Also happens to be much better balanced than many of the games of it's type.
6 - System Shock 2 (PC) - At least two of you are reinstalling it now because of my posting this.
7 - Persona 2: Innocent Sin (PSX) - Recently translated into english, few games, let alone jRPGSs manage to achieve the creepy atmosphere this game possesses. It does so without being too schlocky as well. With that being said, I *hated* persona 3 and 4.
8 - Guardian Heroes (SAT) - Absolutely frantic beatemup with some rpg elements. Castle Crashers owes a great deal of debt to this and the D&D arcade games.
10 - The Dark Spire (NDS) - I was hesistant to put this on the list, but...It's just one of those games people either seem to love or hate. a 1st person dungeon crawl with a great level of tension and difficulty, while at the same time possessing a wonderful (albeit very dry) sense of humor. There's a lot of trial-and-error involved, as much as there is planning ahead, lest you find yourself completely screwed. One of those "Inspired by wizardry" games. Also, it has great music.

1 - Planescape: Torment (PC) - ALWAYS tops my list. I love this game.

I've started the game several times, but never got very far. I'm going to try to get through it again, but I'm waiting for Qwinn's PST Fixpack v4.1. Supposedly, it is going to fix around 100 bugs. The game looks pretty decent with the GhostDog Widescreen mod too.

Heh. Just checked over at Spellhold Studios forums, and it appears the 4.1 fixpack is out.

in no Particular order

1) Final Fantasy XII
2) Skies of Arcadia (dreamcast)
3) Fire Pro Wrestling
4) Streets of Rage
5) 10 Yard Fight (arcade)
6) Contra
7) NHL 2010
8) WCW vs the World
9) Adventure (atari 2600)
10) civilization (any installment)

Hey boB, thanks for suggesting Longest Journey - I rustled it up and I'm about six chapters in, and you're right, it's very good.