Your Top 2008 releases so far...

I'm trying hard to think of anything that's really stood out for me this year.

Nope. Nothing released this year has really impressed me.

I'm surprised at Paul liking Coldplay. I consider them the musical equivalent of the colour beige. A sort of band for people who aren't into music, if you will. For me, there's no passion in their music, no emotion, nothing to move you. But hey, that's just my opinion.

Wow, Coldplay is one band to me that is in the rare categroy that IS full of passion, and moves me more then most music today. You van ask Larry too, there is a bit of Coldplay influence on Novella in both music structure, and vocal melody at times.

To each his own, buy for me, I'm thankful they exist as their music has had an impact on me.

I could NEVER play that 8-string monster that the guy from UNEXPECT does!

hehe i doubt i could either... hell, i doubt i WOULD at all even if I could :D happy with my 5-banger though ;)

and unexpect.. awesome band though, looking forward to seeing them live in a month :)

by the way paul, do you know that "Everything sounds like Coldplay now" video? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
In reference to the "Paul's dirty shorts" story or drawers or whatever it was, this simply cannot be true. Paul wears Capris exclusively.

I love it here - where else can you go from Best of 2008 to a man's soiled undies and Capris - :lol::ill:

edit: great, now that Capri's were brought up, all I can think of is that Colbie Caillat song "Capri" that my wife and daughter sing all the time..."Oh Capri, she's a beauty..." yea, yea yea :yuk: :loco:

I'm trying hard to think of anything that's really stood out for me this year.

Nope. Nothing released this year has really impressed me.

I'm surprised at Paul liking Coldplay. I consider them the musical equivalent of the colour beige. A sort of band for people who aren't into music, if you will. For me, there's no passion in their music, no emotion, nothing to move you. But hey, that's just my opinion.

Yeah, I completely disagree with this as well. I think Coldplay has some amazing music, I don't see there being a lack of passion or emotion at all. I'm a bit baffled by that way of thinking but music touches each person differently so to each their own I suppose.

There are bands (I will not name them) that people claim to be so passionate and deep and blah blah blah, and I sit here wondering, "what in the fuck do people see in that band???" So I can relate to this way of thinking I suppose.

01. Opeth / Watershed.
02. Anathema / Hindsight.
03. Scar Symmetry - Holographic Universe.
04. Moonspell - Night Eternal.
05. Draconian - Turning Seasons Within.
06. Thuriaz - Circadian Rythm.
07. Omnium Gatherum - Redshift.
08. Mar De Grises - Draining the Waterheart.
09. Eluviete - Slania.
10. Amon Amarth - Twillight of the Thundergod.
11. Equilibrium - Slania.
12. Demiurg - The Hate Chamber.
13. Dawn of Demise- Hate Takes Its form.
14. Sibenb]urgen - Revelation IV.

Agalloch - The White ep
Amon Amarth - Twilight Of The Thunder God
Woods Of Ypres - Woods III: The Deepest Roots And Darkest Blues

havent really got alot of new stuff this year, but all 3 of these albums were excellent.

i always check out albums before i buy em, last.fm and youtube are usually pretti awesome at helping avoid lame albums, heres some thoughts.

i had hopes for death magnetic and was let down with another reloaded st anger.
watershed has its moments, but overall was bland like ghost reveries and left me wanting old stuff.
the alestorm album was pretti epic for pirate metal. -bought
Korpiklaani album was good as always. -bought
the new crematory was good, but not excellent. -bought
new evergrey was ok.
mercenary album was ok
new kataklysm was decent.

im waiting on the new elvenking album, hope itll be worth a buy.