Your Top 2009 releases so far...

Wow. I absolutely hate that album. It's easily my least favorite Cmass.

I really love the new one, except Dead Angel.

I guess different strokes.....
I like Dead Angel a lot actually. One of the few standout tracks.

As I said, I don't hate the album, I had expected a LOT more, esp after the stellar Lucifer Rising single. (Well, at least the song)

I just ordered the latest Long Distance Calling cd, and they are a post-rock/prog band from Germany. All of the tracks are instrumental, minus one, with vocals laid down by Jonas Renkse. It's entitled "Avoid The Light", and the track is "The Nearing Grave".

You know what I would LOVEEEE this year? New Subterranean Masquerade. Le sigh.

I spoke with Tomer recently about this. A lot of the music has been written, and he does want to do it. Last year, we had talked and said we would like to get it out in 2009, but I don't know if this will happen. I have yet hear any of the material, so at the moment, all I can say about it is, it's all about WHEN.

I spoke with Tomer recently about this. A lot of the music has been written, and he does want to do it. Last year, we had talked and said we would like to get it out in 2009, but I don't know if this will happen. I have yet hear any of the material, so at the moment, all I can say about it is, it's all about WHEN.

Good good. Is he still traveling around then?

Ki is probaly my current favorite of the year now... but I feel like its just a phase, great album but I don't know how long it will stick on me.

question about "Long Distance Calling" are they an instrumental band like Pelican/red sparrows?

Ki is probaly my current favorite of the year now... but I feel like its just a phase, great album but I don't know how long it will stick on me.

question about "Long Distance Calling" are they an instrumental band like Pelican/red sparrows?

they have one song with vocals on every album

I might just have to look into this more...
I've been hooked on instrumental bands as of late, just put it on shuffle and get lost in the music

Checked out the Ulcerate's Everything is Fire, after reading a few people praising it in this thread. Not my cup of tea. I'm not a fan of anything played that fast. Same with Anaal Nathrakh's In the Constellation of the Black Widow. I can't even judge if it's good or bad, it's so far out of my spectrum.

Zod