Your top 3 tv series of all time

Mine are all somewhat recent shows (last 10 years) - but it just goes to show you how stellar some of the writing going on these days is (especially on the cable networks):

#1 FIREFLY (Joss Whedon at his best)
#2 SPARTACUS (how great was that season finale last season - fuckin' A right)
#3 DEXTER (killing off Rita was something I never saw coming)

This does indeed suck, but as a two time Leukemia survivor I really feel for Andy Whitfield and his battle with cancer.

absolutely

I just thought it was a shame cause the dude was given a clean bill of health essentially, started training again for the show and then just like two weeks ago or something it came back on him ... I hope he gets well again.

and yes, the last episode was just fucking MONSTROUS. The wife and I were both literally standing up and yelling "fuck YEAH!" at the tv when Crixus tapped his shield at the end of their fight :headbang:

Yeah, finally getting some more spartacus love on page 3! The season finale was indeed one of the most awesome things ever (<- See avatar) It sucks about the delay, but atleast its non Hodgkins, so the odds are good things will be back up and running eventually.

Good to see alot of TNG love too.

Can't believe no ones mentioned Monty Pyton's Flying Circus. Fawlty Towers is a little funnier to me, but Flying Circus is up there as well.

1. Battlestar Galactica (I was sceptical at first then WHAM loved it!)
2. Carnivale (weird but brilliant)
3. Twin Peaks (also weird but brilliant)

Runners up.. . .

True Blood
Nip / Tuck
House
Might Boosh
Garth Maranghi's Darkplace
Firefly

Heroes (Season 1)
Weeds

Heroes started out so great, then it just got awful in season 3 and I stopped watching. The newest season of Weeds is pretty weak so far too, hopefully they step it up. I really thought all the seasons leading up to this one were pretty good so far.

I'm also pretty glad that someone mentioned "Sons of Anarchy" - if the choice was 4 favorite shows it would be in my list. Not sure anyone was aware that Sons is a modern day retelling of Hamlet (think about it if you are familiar with the base storyline).