Your Top 5 Albums (by bands you've heard 5 albums from)

Iron Maiden

1. Piece of Mind
2. Powerslave
3. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
4. The Number of the Beast
5. Iron Maiden / Killers

Nasum

1. Helvete
2. Human 2.0
3. Inhale/Exhale
4. Shift
5. Grind Finale

Dissection

1. Live Legacy
2. Storm of the Light's Bane
3. The Somberlain
4. Night's Blood
5. Reinkaos

Emperor

1. In the Nightside Eclipse
2. Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk
3. Prometheus: The Discipline of Fire and Demise
4. Live Inferno
5. IX Equilibrium

Decapitated

1. Nihility
2. Winds of Creation
3. Organic Hallucinosis
4. Carnival Is Forever
5. The Negation

Here's what I can think of right now. Bands with 5 worthy FULL-LENGTHS only.

Bathory
1. Blood Fire Death
2. Under The Sign Of The Black Mark
3. The Return......
4. Bathory
5. Hammerheart

Black Sabbath
1. Vol. 4
2. Master Of Reality
3. Black Sabbath
4. Paranoid
5. Heaven & Hell

Burzum
1. Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
2. Filosofem
3. Burzum
4. Det Som En Gang Var
5. Hliðskjálf

Darkthrone
1. Under A Funeral Moon
2. A Blaze In The Northern Sky
3. Soulside Journey
4. Panzerfaust
5. Transilvanian Hunger

Summoning
1. Dol Guldur
2. Minas Morgul
3. Oath Bound
4. Stronghold
5. Old Mornings Dawn

Those five definitely make it. Coroner's 5 albums are all good and they should make it, but I'm not sure how to order them right now. As for Graveland, their inclusion would depend on me deciding on the worthiness of Following The Voice Of Blood, but I definitely love 4 of their albums besides that. Slayer ofc has one of the best runs in history but I'm not a big fan of Seasons so I'd probably only be able to honestly include them with Haunting The Chapel. Oh and Immolation/Manilla Roadsurely have 5 masterful albums in their styles, but their middle-grade albums tend to wear on me towards the end, so they'd only make it on a good day ;)

Oh, and if I find another worthy Voivod album after Nothingface, I suppose they could make it.

For Voivod listen to the Outer limits. Also Vol 4 you think is the best Sabbath album? Not sure if put it in their top 10 I mean its got some of their best songs like Wheels of Confusion and Supernaut but also has the most filler and some of the more forgettable tracks of their early years like Cornacopia and St Vitus dance. Also why you people never include Sabotage I'll never understand.

Yeah I'm surprised Vol. 4 is some people's favorite Sabbath album. It's easily the weakest of the first six records, with some tracks being totally unmemorable.

Sabotage is a great record. You could probably talk me into putting it in 5th place over SBS.

Yeah I'm surprised Vol. 4 is some people's favorite Sabbath album. It's easily the weakest of the first six records, with some tracks being totally unmemorable.

Sabotage is a great record. You could probably talk me into putting it in 5th place over SBS.

All first 6 are great but Vol 4 is easily the weakest to me. I prefer 13 over Vol 4 but Sabotage is one of their best I think. It was imo their most mature release and had some of their most epic songs like Symptom of the universe, Megolomania, and The Writ. It was also Ozzys best performance as a vocalist. I think for some people maybe its just experimental or versatile. I think Supertzar is the bands best instrumental and I have no idea what people have against For the thrill of it all such a catchy song. Am I going insane is also a good song despite what some people say just because it's pop doesn't make it bad. I think people just misunderstand Sabotage.

r u for real m8?

Yrs in very for real but I was actually satisfied with 13 despite the crappy drumming, poor production, and Ozzy's weaker vocals songwriting was pretty tight no real standouts but no filler either. I thought it despite its flaws it was solid though some songs like God is dead had to grow on me.

Yrs in very for real but I was actually satisfied with 13 despite the crappy drumming, poor production, and Ozzy's weaker vocals songwriting was pretty tight no real standouts but no filler either. I thought it despite its flaws it was solid though some songs like God is dead had to grow on me.

I still do not understand how you can prefer 13 over vol. 4. You say that 13 have crappy drumming and poor production but still you prefer it. What do you even think of vol. 4?

I still do not understand how you can prefer 13 over vol. 4. You say that 13 have crappy drumming and poor production but still you prefer it. What do you even think of vol. 4?

Vol 4 had crappier production tbh just listen to Cornocopia. Vol 4 had Wheels of Confusion which is a favorite of mine as well as classics like Supernaut, Snow blind, and under the sun. The rest of the album is pretty weak by Sabbath standards 13 had a more consistent set of songs all of which I prefer over Tommorows dream, Cornocopia, and Saint Vitus dance. Vol 4 also had the bands most pointless filler FX. I'll go even further and say I prefer Never say Die over Vol 4.

Marduk
1. World Funeral
2. Plague Angel
3. Panzer Division Marduk
4. Rom 5:12
5. Wormwood

Belphegor
1. Lucifer Incestus
2. Pestapokalypse VI
3. Goatreich-Fleshcult
4. Blood Magick Necromance
5. Bondage Goat Zombie

Rotting Christ
1. Sanctus Diavolos
2. Theogonia
3. Thy Mighty Contract
4. A Dead Poem
5. Khronos

Goatwhore
1. Blood For the Master
2. Carving Out the Eyes of God
3. Funeral Dirge For the Rotting Sun
4. A Haunting Curse
5. The Eclipse of Ages Into Black

Cradle of Filth
1. Midian
2. Dusk...and Her Embrace
3. Cruelty and the Beast
4. Nymphetamine
5. Thornography

You seem to be acting as if there is something wrong with what I said. Vol 4 had crappy production and a fair amount of filler. This is true I mean Sabbath is my fav band so I'm not ignorant.

13 were meh, it's not even close to vol. 4. I take any of vol. 4's songs before 13. To me 13 were flat and boring.

13 is just generic. Didn't find anything offensive, but at the same time, nothing was memorable. I can't even remember any of the tracks except the single and I listened to the album at least ten times.

Threshold:

1) Psychedelicatessen
2) Hypothetical
3) Dead Reckoning
4) March of Progress
5) Subsurface
(Not heard Critical Mass yet, but got it ordered...)