Your top 5 solos of all time

Some KH solos have some feeling, but moer because of the song than for the solo. KH WAS a great guitar player, but was too addicted to speed. Alexi isn't the best example of feeling (Steve Vai would be f.e.), but has waaaaaay more thank KH.

Its easy to have feeling when you steal from a classical song that has a lot of feeling :p

You need to listen to Kill em' All again :lol
Everyone needs to listen to Kill em' All again >8(
Too many people hear it when theya re 12, musically evolve, and forget about that one. Same with ######'s Show No Mercy, but ###### should never be mentioned in a solo thread, and its getting a bit off topic.

Basically KH had some really good ones 83-88. Teeechniiiicallly you could say he had some good solos on Black Album and so forth, but I'd rather not give them credit for anything that is Black Album : /

E-Guitar, Spanish Guitar, harmonica... well I think you can play good solos with every instrument but I rather prefer guitar solos.

a Solo can be done on any instrument. Also "Spanish Guitar" is a style of playing, not an actual instrument, and can be done on an Electric, although most commonly played on a classical (0mg Italian) guitar. So it seems all that instrument practice you had while I was a sperm really didn't do all that good. You should really know what a solo is before making a thread on soloing :(

a Solo can be done on any instrument. Also "Spanish Guitar" is a style of playing, not an actual instrument, and can be done on an Electric, although most commonly played on a classical (0mg Italian) guitar. So it seems all that instrument practice you had while I was a sperm really didn't do all that good. You should really know what a solo is before making a thread on soloing :(

Dude you really go on my nerves. I've wrote that solos can be good on every instrument and I know that SG is a style of music not an instrument. :Smug:

I meant to sound like a cunt :p That should have been obvious to you.

Secondly, YOU YOURSELF are just now talking like your opinion is fact. You are not keeping a open mind neither motivating your opinion. In what way can you define their guitar work sucks? Just because the bands songs are keyboard dominated and consist mostly of guitar chords and solos?

I do agree on the part about Petrucci though.

You can when it's unoriginal, uncreative, and uninteresting. The only subjective term (bound to an opinion) out of these is the latter.

Dude you really go on my nerves. I've wrote that solos can be good on every instrument and I know that SG is a style of music not an instrument. :Smug:

crying-baby-party-56800676.jpg

^Dude, while I agree that Metallica albums were awesome until ...and justice for all (with Kill 'em All being my favorite), you make an ass out of yourself if you claim that Kirk Hammet was a better guitar player with more feeling on these albums.

Kirk Hammets soloing on the first 3 albums is basically playing sloppy fast legato licks with a lot of WahWah and Reverb. The solos on the records after the black album might be a bit pussy - but they are definitely better written and played.

Also spanish guitar is a term often used for classical guitars.

┼Victim of the Night┼;7797984 said:
Well, I have lots of favourite solos, but here goes those 5...

1. "Fade To Black", Metallica.
2. "22, Acacia Avenue", Iron Maiden.
3. The end solo in "Hatebreeder", Children Of Bodom.
4. Uh, I'd say "End Of The Beginning", Jason Becker... but that song is like an endless solo, so should I say... all of it? Anyway, expecially towards the end...
5. "Scarified" or "Viking Kong", Racer X. Can't choose between these two, sorry.

...but there's many more (like in the songs "Written In Stone" by Sinergy, or "November Rain" by Guns N Roses, and "Eradication" by All Shall Perish, or "Tunnel Of Love" by Dire Straits, "Freezing Moon" by MayheM...)...
Daaamn, you should have begged for more, maybe like 10 solos or something like that, Arcane! Hehe. :)

<3

LAAAAAAAME. Fuck you, I thought of THE SAME THING when I read the title but I figured the humour would be lost in the sea of OMGALEXI...

Haha great minds think alike. Though you were right, look at all the faggots taking this thread seriously. Almost no one saw my post! :lol:

If these are true stories, you will be my new god.

You can bet your ass they are. Why would I lie about that? :lol:

You're lame. The only weak song on Justice is Eye of the Beholder. :p

Dude wtf? That song is one of the best of And Justice for All...

I dissagree with Leandro on 3 things.

I hate Petrucci, and love Jari :p
Jani of Sonata I like too, but hes not amazing.

Faggot. Petrucci is our new God! :kickass:

"Painkiller" by Judas Priest has another great solo for my liking, and the drums in the beginning is epic too... ooooh, but there's so many awesome solos, pfff.